carguy

Saturday Afternoon the 14th

I only have to work a half day this Saturday, anyone up for some street riding?

No set route, I will be starting in Chula Vista about noonish.

Maybe lunch and ??

Takers??? :ph34r:

I'd love to be there but still waiting on some parts to come in so I can fix the clutch on the VMax :lol: ....but feel free to swing by and enjoy some Barley therapy if you find yourself in my area. :lol:

Since there are no takers I will be visiting, see ya saturday

Hey Chief, I have a few hours of free time in the mid morn noon time and need to get out for a ride on the Harley. We have never met but I would like to. thanks Kelly

I might be able to get away on the Yamaha for a few hours. I will be in touch. :ph34r: Ken

Have not seen anyone in a while. Wife is taking the kids to Wild Animal Park with her family. I might skip out on my Honey doos for a sanity break!

It would be good to see you guys tomorrow (PM sent Socalhodaka). I will be relaxing at home all day while working on my bikes a little....

I need to go to Motoworld after work today and buy one of these so I can get the clutch boss out of my VMax and get it back on the road.

p518_400.jpg

I also need to spoon a rear tire on the husky, flush the brake fluid on it and exchange the trans fluid too.

The XR is going to get a brake fluid flush and maybe I'll do some tuning; valve adjusts, cable & chassis lube on it and the Husky while I'm at it.

Oh did I mention that since I won't be driving or riding I'll pick up some Barley based beverages to sip on :ph34r:

Aaron, thanks for the hospitably of the lunch and soda. I had a nice but just short ride from PQ to Lakeside to meet the Chief and watch him pull the clutch off his VMax. I sure wish I would not be out of town to make the maintenance day at his house. Thanks again. Kelly

Sorry I didn't make it by on Sat. I went out for a cruise on the Virago for the first time. I went out the 78 to the 79 south. Took S2 to the S22 went down to Borrego Springs and fueled up then headed out to Truck Haven to look for Crawdaddy's camp. After driving around looking at dozens of toyhaulers that all look the same to me, I spied 2 quads with the Crawdad flame job, then noticed the checkered awning, dodge truck and parked near was Dig Dug's chevy truck. One I spotted SnailDarter I knew I had found it for sure.

Chris and Doug had gone out to meet Bagster, Dirtdiver and Capcham on their big KTM dualsports. They all showed up back at camp around 1:45 and we hung out for a while and watched Doug's son Mickey climb the local (big) hill. By that time it was really too late for me to make it down to Lakeside and back home before dark.

It was a great first cruise on the Virago, I still have an off idle flat spot I need to work on. It averaged a little over 50 MPG and I am happy about that.

I will see you guys at the maintenance day. Gunner nice find on the CR.

Kinda drifted from my ride post, but not one chimed in. I did visit our Presidente and Gunz.

Not a good ride Sunday.

It is hard to enjoy riding after passing a down rider, looked fatal. :lol:

Incident: 0346 Type: Possible Fatality Location: SR94 JEO BARRETT SCHOOL RD info as of: 3/15/2009 3:18:01 PM

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

12:13PM 1039 SDFD WCB W/INFO

11:09AM ROADWAY OPEN

10:35AM 1039 R&S

10:28AM 1039 CDF FOR AIR 1141

10:28AM S5 PLZ START LIFE FLIGHT

10:28AM 1039 CDF

RESPONDING OFFICERS STATUS

10:27AM CHP Unit On Scene

1:26PM CHP Unit On Scene