Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

BMW Magazine Write-Up on Desert Dash

There's a little write-up by Gary Kepple, who did the Dash on his BMW HP2........I heard from you guys, he's impressive on that bike.

Here's a link to the mag, you must page thru to find the Desert Dash article........

Funny. I used to edit the RoadSigns. Transitioned it from a typewritten format to a "real" design program. I think it was Pagemaker 1.0, and I ran it on a Macintosh SE that cost $3000.

I thought the BMW GS800 was nice, now I see this new HP2 dirt bike, SWEEEEET. I guess I will have to read up on it and find some reason to dislike it (other than the $20,000 price tag).

The HP2 has been out for a few years. It is also doesn't have much of a subframe to carry panniers, has a small tank, etc. I know someone who built a custom, larger tank for his. The 800GS is a better adventure bike, if you like the BMW's.

Yes Gary Kepple is very fast, He blew by me somewhere down towards the end of Grapevine on sunday and I gave chase but only followed dust :blink: I had the oppurtunity to ride with Roxus in dash 4 and he also was fast and very technical on his HP2. I have ridden a few HP2 including Bob Serracos from North County BMW and a best friend of mine just bought a HP2 John Deevers

Funny. I used to edit the RoadSigns. Transitioned it from a typewritten format to a "real" design program. I think it was Pagemaker 1.0, and I ran it on a Macintosh SE that cost $3000.

Funny. I used to work for the company that made Pagemaker. Looooooooong time ago.