Sign in to follow this  
stevehof

Friday 11/03 - Grapevine Canyon Ride

If I can get at least one ridding buddy, I'm leading a ride down Grapevine Canyon this Friday. Grapevine Canyon starts about 2-3 miles west on Ranchita Road (S22) and goes down through the hills to the desert at 78 just east of the 78/S2 junction. Time and spirits willing we will then putt up 78 to Banner and do the Chariot Canyon - Rodriquez Truck trails up and then down into S2

This ride should be suitable for riders of all skill levels and big adventure bikes too. Aggressive dual sport tires recommended for bikes bigger than KLRs... :P Pack some water and snacks...Lunch will be in Julian...I’ll post start time and place as soon as there is one confirmed rider.

Disclaimer: I haven't ridden these trails in over 15 years. I do well with topo maps and have a mapping GPS...This is an adventure ride, low grade, but adventure just the same... :P

Steve

Let's have a go at it.

Spyder

Steve

Let's have a go at it.

Spyder

Alrighty then, we have a Friday ride. Let's meet at the Mobil Mini-Mart on the corner of Pala St. and Main in Ramona at 8:30am... :P

If I can get at least one ridding buddy, I'm leading a ride down Grapevine Canyon this Friday. Grapevine Canyon starts about 2-3 miles west on Ranchita Road (S22) and goes down through the hills to the desert at 78 just east of the 78/S2 junction. Time and spirits willing we will then putt up 78 to Banner and do the Chariot Canyon - Rodriquez Truck trails up and then down into S2

This ride should be suitable for riders of all skill levels and big adventure bikes too. Aggressive dual sport tires recommended for bikes bigger than KLRs... :P Pack some water and snacks...Lunch will be in Julian...I’ll post start time and place as soon as there is one confirmed rider.

Disclaimer: I haven't ridden these trails in over 15 years. I do well with topo maps and have a mapping GPS...This is an adventure ride, low grade, but adventure just the same... :P

THIS WAS SECTIO 2 ON THE INVERSE WAY ON THE LAST EVENT, GOD SAND SECTION AND HARD DIRT ROAD WITH DITCHES AND CLIMBS, I DOWN IN THAT SECTION AND OF COURSE QUIT, WILL BE A GOD TIME TO FINISH THAT INCONCLUDED TRAIL .

THIS WAS SECTIO 2 ON THE INVERSE WAY ON THE LAST EVENT, GOD SAND SECTION AND HARD DIRT ROAD WITH DITCHES AND CLIMBS, I DOWN IN THAT SECTION AND OF COURSE QUIT, WILL BE A GOD TIME TO FINISH THAT INCONCLUDED TRAIL .

Not too sure if we are on the same page but I talked to the Anza Borrego State Park Visitor Center today and they said the Grapevine Canyon road was actually recently graded and was in good shape, especially for a trip from top to bottom...

I believe the rutted hard pack section is called "Jasper Trail"

Steve

Was checking the site for rides this weekend found yours on friday sounds like a fun ride, see you guys in Ramona at 8:30 the doc. :ph34r:

AMA

SDAR

KLR 650 06

backhoedoc