Strega

Another Electric Dirt Bike

http://jalopnik.com/tag/zero-x/?id=5154995

Like the Quantya Strada Wes and I rode around his loft, the Zero X is powered by a Lithium Ion Battery. While they share a few common specs, the X is actually a very different bike. For starters, at 151 lb., the X is 44 lb. lighter, makes 23 HP with 50 lb-ft of torque (twice that of the Quantya) and does 0-to-30 in less than 2 seconds. That's performance more akin to a 250cc two-stroke, but without the clouds of burnt Castrol R.

It's pure power to weight. The 18 lb chassis uses thin-walled aluminum construction standard in auto-manufacturing, making it so light I can pick it up with my fingertips.

"But can you really eat the batteries? Founder and CTO Neal Saiki explains, "The best technology is coming out of Canada, and Canada has clean facilities. These are 100 percent non-toxic batteries. You can cut them open and eat them. They're just a salt that is tightly bound. Because it's a salt inside these they're landfill approved in the United States and Europe."

I'm so glad you can eat the batteries. This way the CPSC cannot forbid this vehicle.

I'm so glad you can eat the batteries. This way the CPSC cannot forbid this vehicle.

That....and you can take 'em to the kitchen instead of out to the trash, or you could kill garden snails with them. ;)

http://jalopnik.com/tag/zero-x/?id=5154995
Like the Quantya Strada Wes and I rode around his loft, the Zero X is powered by a Lithium Ion Battery. While they share a few common specs, the X is actually a very different bike. For starters, at 151 lb., the X is 44 lb. lighter, makes 23 HP with 50 lb-ft of torque (twice that of the Quantya) and does 0-to-30 in less than 2 seconds. That's performance more akin to a 250cc two-stroke, but without the clouds of burnt Castrol R.

It's pure power to weight. The 18 lb chassis uses thin-walled aluminum construction standard in auto-manufacturing, making it so light I can pick it up with my fingertips.

OK, it takes 2 hours to charge. How long/far can you go on a charge? That would seem to be of major interest, but it is not mentioned. That leads me to think that that may be the bike's major weakness.

Steve

I recall a video with the owner mentioning 1 hour of top performance, then a sliding scale of declining performance for the next 1 hour. Watch their videos on their website.

Beezzz