Sign in to follow this  
Beezzz

Desert Dash Sunday/Ride

Check out - the Desert Dash on Sunday, then ride some.

See Heart Attack Hill "Drop Off".

Are you up for it?

Beezzz

Guest Chris&Tammy

Sounds like fun i will try to make it out there sunday for socializing and riding

See Heart Attack Hill "Drop Off". ??????

what is that? curious

nice hill,,,that is the worst possible advice for riding down a hill ever given I hope nobody rides down like that guy said. Seriously you could get injured, adhering to that advice.,,PS 1st gear ain't cuttin it either...

you guys should have seen the L2 downhills at the event in johnson valley, if i was in neutral i would not be here.

pointed out by Beez , and for that an added info (instead of just a critique). I never want to be taken as a mr know it all, i am just another crazy moto fan (40B level sometimes racer), who has had the great fortune to ride with some really amazing world class riders and learn from them. so here goes,," I am only here to help"....,on a steep but open hill like the one "drop off" find your comfort and control speed (just know it from practice) use the highest gear that you can roll with but enough to slow you when needed 2nd is usually a good one for most of us mortals....using both brakes, sometimes balanced and sometimes where traction and space allows more rear or more front,,,, be aware that too much front will eat up your front suspension causing control loss. as for the rear some skidding is ok

but best is to do the real stuff,,, that is using your clutch as a slipper clutch in the negative torque mode(???)...think of slipping the clutch for acceleration traction control ,,, on the downhill it is the same but,,opposite traction control which means more controlled grip with the ground,,the key word is grip=control

that is my best explanation,,,,so on any day on any ride or on any downhill even a mild one , practice clutch slipping on decel, it is an advanced technique, but gives instant feedback,,,too little with too low gear =wheel hop too much= scary free wheelin' balance is the key

enjoy the ride!! R

PS save money too,,,,for decel STM slipper clutch big bucks for accel Rekluse auto bucks big and noone has one that does both,,,slips on decel and slip engages on accel 2 fingers left hand,,,built in (God willing)