wsmc99

Veloce Trackday 2009 Schedule

WSMC99 (Tony) is a good friend of mine, his track days have been getting good reviews/comments by the riders.

I hope to make 1 or 2 of the days.

Interested in doing a track day for the first time, probably at BW. Do you have any advice on the requirements for bike prep and required gear for a track day.

Ignorant as hell about track days, but know I'd rather practice on a track, not the street.

Thanks,

Grant

Check out the requirements on our site.

They are minimal as far as bike prep goes and there is an outline of personal equipment there too.

If you have questions mail me and I'll be happy to help.

March 27th - Horse Thief Mile

May 1st - Streets of Willow

May 4th - Buttonwillow

June 5th - Streets of Willow

October 16th - Willow Springs

October 23rd - Buttonwillow

Nov-Dec (TBA) Laguna Seca

www.velocetrackdays.com

I'm signed up for Buttonwillow on the 4th. Hope to see other SDAR folks out there. This is my first track day and I'll be on my F800GS with street tires so it should be fun in group 3.

See you at the track!

Veloce put on an awesome track day at Buttonwillow. Good instruction and time management. Plenty of Rock Star and water to drink. Spectacular fun and I plan on doing many more. There were all kinds of bikes there and the GS was a ton of fun on the track. Good job guys.

Do you have the website for the photographer that was there??

How did it go for you Grant? How much was the day did you ride there or truck it?

How did it go for you Grant? How much was the day did you ride there or truck it?

I trucked it out there. I'm only an hour and a half away, but wanted to have gasoline and all my gear and stuff for the day. It was awesome! My first street track day of many to come I hope. I can see why now people get addicted to track riding.

Highly recommend it. You can push yourself and machine to the limit in a safe fun environment. I got some good tips from the racers there and learned a lot about cornering and far I can lean and how fast I can go.

The price was good and the guys put on a well organized and pressure free event. It was $155 or if you sign up early $135.

Were you the only guy out there on a GS style bike?

Nope, there was another guy on a 1200GS, Triumps, and other standard bikes. There was also a supermoto bike there, good track for it, pretty short with lots of tight turns.

Were you the only guy out there on a GS style bike?

here is a shot of the track/bike. Got to love a big bashplate, crashbars and handguards on bike on a racetrack.

bw1.bmp

Great picture!

I plan on doing the Veloce track day at Buttonwillow on the 23rd of Oct if there are any other takers, I'll see you there!

Signed up for Button Willow this Friday the 23rd.

Will be on the DR 435 with street tires. Perfect, tight track for a smaller bike.

Signed up for Button Willow this Friday the 23rd.

Will be on the DR 435 with street tires. Perfect, tight track for a smaller bike.

Will be needing pictures of said event.

My gf Kelly and I are going to Willow Springs Track Day on November 21st, a Saturday.

Which group did you go with Grant?

I go with group 3, most organizations recommend group 3 for small displacement bikes. I get held up alot by the new riders on big bikes and would rather ride in group 2, but so far have stayed in 3. In group 3 you are only supposed to pass on the outside, but as long as it's safe, I'll sneak up the inside (not right at the apex) if I'm being held up for a while.

I have textile top and bottom I use with no problems at the track. Just put on an FMF pipe and steel braided brake lines and am itching to hit the track soon.

Ah I meant which company was running the track day hehe :)

its late notice and it coincides with the Primm ride or I would want to do this its a crazy deal

"Cheap track day from Tracktactics.com

Promotion Information

* The promotion code for this price is: Available on January 11th 2010 at 8:00AM SHARP!

Promotion price: $45.00

Event date: Jan 18th, 2010

This promotion price is for anybody and everybody, it doesn't matter if its your first trackday, or you are a seasoned veteran with a racing license, anybody can get in on this deal!

Who's down? it's going to be Streets Of Willow. "