Sign in to follow this  
toddrh

Anybody else sick with flu/cold bug ?

I swear this flu/cold bug is kicking my butt.

Over the counter meds are doing little to mask any of the the syptoms.

I hate being sick during the weekends !!! <_<

Started to get a cold last week, but only had it for about 2 days. I take a lot of vitamins. Big on vitamin C and magnesium/zinc combos. I have been lucky (knock on wood) to have not had a bad cold or flu since December of 07.

Get well soon.

And by the way, none of that medication does anything to ease my symptoms either. I think we should sue them for false advertising!

My remedy... Double dose of NyQuil, a big glass of Gatorade, throw a bunch of blankets over me, and sweat it out...

And you're right... Missing out on riding sucks

Mimi....I do the ground-up fruit/juice smoothy thing every morning. Avoid eating/drinking dairy, and eat quite healthy.

Steamy hot baths/showers seem to be the only relief.....for an hour or so.

WASH YOUR HANDS PEOPLE !!! <_<

Yes, right now I am sick. My students gave it to me :) . A little remedy: Go down to the desert and snap off a fresh sprig of creosote plant, (the predominant plant of the lower desert where we ride). Make a tea out of it and drink a small shot with honey mixed in. Its an Indian remedy. Do not do more than a small shot though, and not too strong.

Steamy hot baths/showers seem to be the only relief.....

Is that with or without candles???

;)

No room for candles with the girlfriends hair/face/body stuff cluttering up the tub !!! I'm lucky I got somewhere to hang a wash rag.

I finally started getting some relief after starting the antibiotics on Sunday. I try not to use them, but this flu bug settled down in my chest and was making my life miserable.

I finally started getting some relief after starting the antibiotics on Sunday. I try not to use them, but this flu bug settled down in my chest and was making my life miserable.

I can never understand why doctors prescribe antibiotics for viruses, unless you actually have a bacterial infection along with your cold or flu. Eat lots of yogurt while you use those antibiotics.