Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

HELP, need to borrow a kid bike for the weekend!

My son and I were working on his KX 100 the other day and it looks like his head gasket it going out. We ordered the part but it doesn't look like it will make it here today like I was promised. Our RV is packed and I'm waiting to load the trailer, but if he can't ride it will be a long boring weekend for him. Has anyone got a kids sized bike they would be willing to loan for this weekend? Any 80-125cc machine would work. He and I would be eternally grateful!

Great group! Had a call within minutes to borrow a quad and a bike so it looks like my son will be able to ride something other than the lawn chairs.

My son and I were working on his KX 100 the other day and it looks like his head gasket it going out. We ordered the part but it doesn't look like it will make it here today like I was promised. Our RV is packed and I'm waiting to load the trailer, but if he can't ride it will be a long boring weekend for him. Has anyone got a kids sized bike they would be willing to loan for this weekend? Any 80-125cc machine would work. He and I would be eternally grateful!

Put'em on your extra 350 .....I've seen your kid ride......he'll have no problems......Jarrett went from a RM100 to the YZ400 at 12......just be sure to put a box in camp so he can step off without falling over......out on the trail you'll have to park your bike first then he can ride up and you can hold his handlebars while he dismounts......

"eternally grateful"?

Do you have ANY idea how long eternity is?

Just got off the phone; he is set

BTW, Tom... the TW200 is available, too, but I think the 125 is much funner, unless he is over 6 feet tall...

It is a bear to start in the mountains, when cold, but starts ok down at sea level... no throttle, a couple of easy prime kicks with choke, then start with NO throttle... let it idle, then ease on the throttle... at which point it will die... choke in, and start it with some throttle... first ride of the weekend will be your only time to go through this

Very nice of you Bikeslut!!

Such a great group of people here.

Do you have ANY idea how long eternity is?

Until next time I need to borrow something?

pictures of the garage are absolutely not allowed :rolleyes:

I saw nothing!