dirt dame

Pine Valley to Corral Canyon 01/10/09

If you've seen one shot of a Pine Valley ride, you've seen 'em all. Okay, not really. I love photos of all the rides, but quite frankly we were just too busy having fun riding to whip out the cameras. B)

All the usual suspects were busy riding their big desert ride up north today, so that gave me a chance to meet some members that I haven't met or ridden with yet. Two strokes? Why yes, thank you. Don't mind if I do. Jeff too.

Another member had originally posted a ride but then it looked as though he wasn't going to follow through with it. Soon after that post fizzled Toddrh posted a ride, so Jeff and I decided to jump on it. There was another rider on the board interested, but didn't show up for the ride at ten. I think the windy weather had some people spooked, but I have ridden the area since 1981 and the weather patterns are fairly predictable. There were some wind gusts on the ridges, but all in all, the weather was balmy for winter conditions, with a clear sky, warm sun and cool breeze.

When we got to Pine Valley, there were plenty of other riders staging there including a board member that I got to meet for the first time, Mctrails. He and his friend were getting ready to go while we were waiting for our riders to show. Another new member showed up by the name of Aaron, with a Yamaha (at least I think it was a Yamaha. It was blue but so was Todds Suzuki... :unsure: ), but he ended up not getting to ride with us for some ranger related reason. I think he just got his bike and didn't have a red sticker yet and forgot his registration. So the ride company ended up being Todd, Jeff and myself. Todd hadn't ridden the area much before, so I became the tour guide for the ride.

We rode out on Bear Valley road and found a couple side trails, then were warmed up for our lovely descent on Kernan trail. From there, it was up the other side to some of the standard rock slab trails to the campground connector trail and we stopped in Corral Canyon campground for our break. Lots of riders there as well. We did a bunch of fun stuff after that, that made a loop back to Kernan, then it was back to the truck. With all the riders staged in both Pine Valley and Corral Canyon, we managed to meet up with a few groups of riders out on the trails.

Nice weather and good traction. There was still a fair amount of dust, but there was some mud too. We were all tired after about 4 hours of trail flogging, but it was a great ride and everybody had fun, with no injuries or damaged equipment for the day. Todd was a good rider and it was nice to meet and ride with him for the first time.

I saw you out there today Mimi. I was behind Aarron from Encinitas. Do to a late night the day before hand I showed up late to Pine Valley. There I met the two Aarrons a a guy named Tom. It was very fun riding with them. We crossed paths with you on the way to Bronco Peak, which was a fun challange. Aarron went back up Bronco the hard way and met the three of us at 4 corners. I was not on my A Game due to the night before so I did not join them for the Los Pinos route. I said see you later and rode home to Descanso via the highway.

What's up with all the Aarons? Must have been Aaron day out there.... :unsure:

Who was the other Aaron? I know Mescalero.

He is a buddy who has been riding and camping with him several times. He was wearing black on a green bike.

Videos-COOL !!!

Thanks again...I had a really good time out there with you folks today. I absolutly sure Mimi is a better rider than some/most of my friends. B)

My bike totally died on me mid-trail......thankfully, it was an easy/quick fix- just a less than snug battery terminal connection on a battery I installed a few months back. I guess it just worked itself loose.

And I promise I will clean/and tighten the battery terminals this week for sure. :unsure: