rwynant

Cancelled - Ride Saturday 12-27-08

Hi All, (edit - Need to do this another time......see post below)

I get out when I can, and have been on several dual sport rides in the last couple of years, as well as a couple of SM/Dual Sport rides with the SD ADV group. RAD and I go back to the late 80's.....so we like to ride!!!

I am running a Blue 05 DRZ400S virtually stock...except for the basic protective bolt ons. I also have a set of WARP9 SM wheels with Pilot Powers mounted up and run to the edge ;) Not currently mounted

I could bring the 2004 ZRX1200R....but it might get skeeeered of that new XR RAD's got :o

But I would like to see a few folks come out and play Saturday 12-27-08..........this will be just a get away run up and over Otay Mtn, and some off shoot trails, heading for Tecate Peak and then down the hill to 94. The weather will be cool and CLEAR, so bring your cameras!!!! The dust should be NONEXISTENT ;)

We can have breakfast if we choose to stop at Cafe 94, or continue on to the Border road and run that down till it runs into 94....which is beyond Boulevard.....( I don't really know that area too well, from Tecate to Campo )

Meet Point: 7/11 at 94 and Steele Canyon Rd for those coming from SD

Meet Time: 9am

2nd meet point: Thousand Trails on Otay Lakes Rd ( for those coming from South Bay )

2nd meet Time: 9:30 to 9:45am ( 15 min window )

Personally I like to make the meet points clear and concise......and after that we work as a group, and decide on the fly as far as breaks and such.....

PLease, jump in on this, as I would like to see youz again, as well as meet some of you that have been riding and posting A BUNCH, asn I've not yet met you.....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!

Hey all, rwynant is a good friend of mine, his name is Randy also, some of you have met him on previous rides.

I don't think I can make it, even though I'd love to, but since I rode street all day today, and will probably ride more on Sunday, I need to get some stuff done on Saturday. I'm reserving dirt riding for the 4-5 days over New Years, since I'll probably get my ya ya's out on the new HD this weekend.

So, if you want to meet some new folks and go riding, I suggest you hook up with RW tomorrow. If I could, I'd be there with y'all.

Hope a few show up and have a great ride !!

C'mon now....we have some lookers......lookin to see what's up for the weekend!!

If you want a short ride, this is it......if you want a longer ride, you can jump from this ride into 20 other runs.

Let's get something going here!!! Howzabout a few of the regulars jumping in and posting!!! ;)

RW; if you don't get any takers today, (Sat) and want to push it back to Sunday; i'd join you. Sounds like my kind of ride; but taking my son to Coral Cyn on Sat for a mud ride. PM me if interested.

Thanks

You posted kind of late. That's what always happens to me when I post late....nobody goes with. ;) If I post early in the week, I get some takers. Jeff and I were going to poke around Ramona this morning with our dualsport bikes, or we'd join you.

HI All,

I knew this was a late post for a ride....unfortunately. That and it's below freezing here at my place in Santee.

We'll put another one together another time. Might be nicer later, and if anyone decides to go, please post the trail conditions here ( please? )

Moto, I was trying to get out Sat because I do have other things going on Sunday, but thank you.

Have a great weekend!