Sign in to follow this  
Strega

NYC Passing new motorcycle laws

The City Council is going to pass a bill requiring all bikes to have a tag from the EPA certifing exhaust approval. First offense would carry a 1000.00 fine and voucher of the bike until the fine is paid. Second offense is a 2500.00 fine and forfeiture of the bike. Also allows for parking tickets for no tag.

Gee...out of 51 NYC council members, only 2 are republicans.

Here in Cali, we have the same issues.....

C.A.R.B....Dems

Smog-check laws....Dems

When are folks going to learn the Dems just want your money, and will tax you to death to get it. And if you lose a few rights, so much the better.

And when they do get your money, they seem to spend more than they get anyway....like here in California for example.

Horseshit! No need for namecalling and finger pointing. It's about noise. Spend a day at my girlfriend's house in PB, you'll quickly come to realize that loud motorcycles are F'in annoying. It's those anusholes on their Harleys with the straight pipes that did this, not the dems.

Horseshit! No need for namecalling and finger pointing. It's about noise. Spend a day at my girlfriend's house in PB, you'll quickly come to realize that loud motorcycles are F'in annoying. It's those anusholes on their Harleys with the straight pipes that did this, not the dems.

you're absolutely right!!!

<_<

I mean, I never spent the day at her house, but when a 1300cc motorcycle is 10x as loud as jake brakes, a half mile from my house, you can expect pushback.

Dirtbikes with loud pipes aren't much better, and are an easy target for greenies.. (dont get me wrong; they'll always find something to complain about, but loud is an easy one for people to buy in to)

Go sit at Bahia don bravo some time... Can't even talk with all the loud pipes revving their engines

I mean, I never spent the day at her house, but when a 1300cc motorcycle is 10x as loud as jake brakes, a half mile from my house, you can expect pushback.

Dirtbikes with loud pipes aren't much better, and are an easy target for greenies.. (dont get me wrong; they'll always find something to complain about, but loud is an easy one for people to buy in to)

Go sit at Bahia don bravo some time... Can't even talk with all the loud pipes revving their engines

I've been at the gas station when those "biker" guys pull up with the straight pipes on their Harleys and wannabe Harleys. I have actually seen some of them pull off their little beanie helmets and pull out ear plugs while they talk to one another at the pumps. <_<

Well I wear earplugs too but mainly because of wind noise. Earplugs are a necessity for me, but that's not what this thread is about. Loud bikes and cars are what brought on this bit of legislation. Now the fines are a bit excessive, but that means the people that have to listen to other people's vehicles are serious. NYC is the most densely populated area in the US. Tons of loud pipes and much more annoyed citizens within earshot than anywhere else. NYC isn't the only place these laws exist. Massachusetts has similar laws.

Well I wear earplugs too but mainly because of wind noise. Earplugs are a necessity for me, but that's not what this thread is about. Loud bikes and cars are what brought on this bit of legislation. Now the fines are a bit excessive, but that means the people that have to listen to other people's vehicles are serious. NYC is the most densely populated area in the US. Tons of loud pipes and much more annoyed citizens within earshot than anywhere else. NYC isn't the only place these laws exist. Massachusetts has similar laws.

Well, I was just pointing that out because I thought it was funny, like the guy wants some badass loud pipes to ruin everybody else's ears with, but not his own. <_<:o