Boat440 came over to my shop and we loaded about 5:30. We got to the staging area 10 minutes early and FakeName and N2tm were already there and getting ready. We were all ready to roll at 8 even though I forgot the ramp again. Pinion Mountain and Fish Creek had some moisture in the sand and there was very little dust. Everyone was riding well and we were keeping up a fair pace.

When we got to the the railroad tracks at Split Mountain Road it was about 9:50. We looked for iparky, even stopped and took a ten minuted break, but no joy. We continued to follow the tracks just south of Superstition, then cut up to the kiosk. Crawdaddy and Digdug's group did not get there usual camping spot so they had texted me some coordinates. We sat at the kiosk while FakeName entered the info into his GPS. He led us right to them, I don't know if it was all his GPS skill, or if talking to Doug on the radio helped out.

They had a nice camp set up right by the dune, it was not very crowded at all. I would like to give a special thanks to Crawdaddy for giving us fuel for our bikes. While we were there xxxinsd stopped by to say hi with his son and a friend. Next we were off to Ocotillo for lunch and fuel. Back to the tracks toward Plaster City then turned in the wash and went under the low tressle and followed the wash to the Power Line trail and took us up to Ocotillo.

After lunch we got fuel and I replace one of my subframe bolts (again), thanks Boat440 for having a bolt in your toolbag the correct size. We then hit the trail and did Dos Cabesos to the highway, some where along the way I blew a fork seal. At the highway Fakename took pavement as he needed to get home, the rest of us continued to Canyon Sin Nombre down into the wash and took that out to the highway and hit pavement back to the trucks. FakeName was still tying his bike down when we got there, as it turns out when we got rid of our "baggage" the rest of the group was able to travel at a much better pace :lol::lol::lol: . Joking aside, I had not taken that particular route and I didn't know how much extra time it would add to our trip.

I had a great time, great weather, it was good to ride with Todd and Steve again and it was a pleasure to finally ride with FakeName. Another Paul (Kip) stopped by my truck while we were out and left a note just to prove we were not the only ones out riding. I didn't take any pics, was just having too much fun riding. Thanks to all that helped make this a wonderful riding day. Ken

Sounds pretty darn good except for the sub frame bolt and the blown seal part. :lol:

It was a blast- excellent conditions, excellent group- exactly why I'm a SDAR member!

Thanks, guys.

p

even though I forgot the ramp again.

:lol: You forgot again that you forgot the ramp in my garage a month ago? :lol:

Sounds like a great ride. Wish I could've joined you. I was keeping Julie happy with an afternoon on the Mt bikes.

That and the Te is in about a dozen piles of parts in the garage.

Jon

That and the Te is in about a dozen piles of parts in the garage.

That's OK- Ken's bike was in pieces as well.

pixel hog :lol:

it's so... black... it kind of makes you wonder... how much more black could it be?... and the answer is none... none more black

(spinal tap paraphrasing)