Sign in to follow this  
sandiegoland

Otay/Tecate/Lagunas/Viejas and a Rewind!

Well I was going to leave it to those that called out the ride to do the report...but gotta throw these photos in somehow. Hopefully Pacifico and Stevensyanora and crew will throw their photos in. Pacifico has the blood photos and Stevensyanora has the twisted steel shots. :lol:

October 7, 2006 we* made a big loop from Otay Mountain dirt to SR-94, over to Tecate for fuel, along the border then north to Live Oak Springs. From there we rode Thing to Sunrise Highway, crossed over Engineers to Boulder Creek and finally dropped back to I-8 on Viejas Grade. Think of it as Pyro's Labor Day Reloaded... :P

* Sandiegoland, Stevensyanora, Pyro, Pacifico, HondaPilot

October 15, 2006 some folks** did it backwards (minus Otay Mountain).

** Sandiegoland, JohnW, Graham on an informal ADVrider romp hooked up with Pacifico and SuperDave up on Sunrise before the turnoff for Thing.

Posted Image

Pacifico...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pacifico...

Posted Image

Stevensyanora gets the dirty bike award...

Posted Image

Stevensyanora also gets a parking violation... :huh:

=====

Rewinding the route a week later...

Posted Image

JohnW tosses it on Boulder Creek Road...

Posted Image

JohnW soils his best Sunday riding duds...

Posted Image

Thumbs up though... "it's all good" ;)

Posted Image

Graham and SuperDave taking a stroll in Train tunnel #4 of the San Diego and Arizona Railway that crosses the border between the United States and Mexico.

Guest stevensyanora

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is the bendage due to slipping on gravel,that sandiegoland is talking about..I hammered it back out and it works finePosted ImageB) this is the adveture riders on the border that fence line on the left of sandiegoland(craig) is old mexico.... troy a.k.a as pyro is on his right and between the two is cris(pacifico)

Posted Image

this is my parking violation....see those tires ...I wouldnt run them in the dirt for obvious reasons :unsure: I know I wont I learned my lesson <_<

Posted Imageat the top of otay mtn L to R Pacifico, the honda pilot (jon) and our leader Craig (sandiegoland)

We had a great ride and a great group of riders! Thanks Sandiegolands (AKA The Huel Howser of Dirtbiking B) ) for sewing it up and leading us on this great loop. We did some kick ass Otay Mtn/border action, then north on some cool trails through the desert, up the mountains to Sunrise Hwy, over some tarmack past the lake, and down the canyons through Viejas. Absolutely epic! Here's my cell-phone pics from that day:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image