Sign in to follow this  
tlking6

Ocotillo wells this weekend

I'll be heading out this afternoon and camping out at Ocotillo wells in my secret spot East of Pole line road. I know where to camp and ride to beat the crowds.

My contact stuff is in the members section so if your out there give me a call and stop on by and I'll buy ya a beer! It's looking like absolute epic conditions.

PM me for coords if you like as well.

Everyone stay safe this weekend!

Should be there saturday morning with 2 other guys.

I am going to guess it will be a little crazy this weekend.

Should be there saturday morning with 2 other guys.

I am going to guess it will be a little crazy this weekend.

Understatement of the year award right thur!! It was crazy out there. Saw two Mercy Air flights out of there and a constant stream of ambulances. :o

We stayed away from the crowds and had a great time.

Understatement of the year award right thur!! It was crazy out there. Saw two Mercy Air flights out of there and a constant stream of ambulances. :o

We stayed away from the crowds and had a great time.

I hadn't been out there for quite a number of years at Thanksgiving, so about three years ago I went out just to be a "tourist". It looked like a small city out at Ocotillo Wells, complete with Sheriff helicopters and cruisers and plenty of ambulances. A constant stream of motorhomes and toy haulers kept pouring in off the highway. Yet, if you went a couple miles east of the pavement, things got pretty quiet and thinned out in a hurry.

I hadn't been out there for quite a number of years at Thanksgiving, so about three years ago I went out just to be a "tourist". It looked like a small city out at Ocotillo Wells, complete with Sheriff helicopters and cruisers and plenty of ambulances. A constant stream of motorhomes and toy haulers kept pouring in off the highway. Yet, if you went a couple miles east of the pavement, things got pretty quiet and thinned out in a hurry.

Yeah we had to go further out than usual to escape the quads but we found plenty of great riding.

The drive home was about an hour longer than usual due to all the toyboxes, etc. Based on my experience there last year, I wouldn't go out there for New Year's.

Yeah we had to go further out than usual to escape the quads but we found plenty of great riding.

The drive home was about an hour longer than usual due to all the toyboxes, etc. Based on my experience there last year, I wouldn't go out there for New Year's.

I went out last Christmas day and it was a ghost town out there, Here is a picture of me and my bike near the north end of the riding park just south of the bathrooms and ranger station. The main road in is just behind me. And there were no vehicles in sight anywhere on the horizon. It is an area that is normally packed during Thanksgiving and as you can see, there was nobody out there for Christmas. Maybe it's different for New Years.

100_0224.jpg

I hope to be in the des this weekend. If I make it to the madhouse I'll look for you.

didn't know you were in town, Jon! I met tlking out there, and had him lead us around to some of the sights. I went with motobro, and confirmed that I am slow and out of shape..

Thanks for the guided tour Tracy, and as always thanks for the great ride Jordan! I'll post some pics soon; Paul, take care of yourself. We will ride again!

Oops, it's been awhile since I checked the site and got a tad confused. I thought he was posting for this coming weekend Dec 6-7.