Boston Mangler

Nate Harrison to Palomar Divide TT to Crosley TT?

I am trying to plot out a trip to do the Palomar Divide.

According to some maps i am checking out, it looks like a great route would be to start at the Harrison Grade off of the 76, Connect to Doane Valley Road in the Palomar Mountain State Park (can you ride through it??), then Connect to the Palomar Divide TT and connect that to the Crosley TT and take it to the 79. Looks like a 26 miler.

Anyone familiar with this route? I have seen the writeup of similar routes, but none mention whether or not you can drive through the park and connect to Crosley and come out on the 79.

Anyone care to share some info?

Thanks

Hey Kevin......we rode Palomar divide (eastside) this past Sunday. We got as far as about a mile or so away from the observatory before coming to a locked gate with a barbed wire fence along the property line. The road would go through according to google earth....but I think they keep the observatory area fenced off. I haven't been on the west side, so I can't help you on that end, but it looks like there might be quite a few miles of trail over there. I haven't seen any write ups for the west side of Palomar. Highpoint road and Palomar Divide are the only 2 open trails on the east side though. Good luck, and let us know what you find if you decide to scope out the west side.

Rick