Sign in to follow this  
slosher

Searching for Mines

I left at about 9 am, headed up alpine to 79. I was looking ot Mason Truck Trail found it and it was closed. I thne headed to Laugna. On Sunrise HWY i just took any open gate and followed the road to where ever it went. I notice on GPS a Mine so i start to try and find it. They are hard to find cuase most the over growth is is so big.

Check out the pics.

100 miles at slower speeds and about 40 miles of dirt. it was great.

http://flickr.com/photos/slosherspatafore/...57609232912773/

Nice photos. Looks like you got in a few more miles than our group did, so probably a good thing you missed us. But more about that ride when I post. I love the shots of the mine. I am guessing that you walked in to get to that one, since it is barracaded, but not far from the main trail. :D

hows that bike treating you Joe? You used to have the blue KLR right?

The KLR was crushed by 2 cars... Sad ending to a fun bike...

I love this KTM it really has extra power and hadles great..

was anyone injured when the KLR got smashed?

I guess you got the KTM with the new motor? Supposed to be most powerful single cylinder ever produced I think. Looks like a sweet motor. If I won the lottery I'd buy one like yours.

Joe did you make a track on your GPS for this ride I am interested in checking out this mine.....

kool pics .............. nice ride .................. :D

Joe did you make a track on your GPS for this ride I am interested in checking out this mine.....

kool pics .............. nice ride .................. :D

We were not too far from it today.

Brad,

I hurt my back thats why i been away for the last year. I still have issues and am taking it slow right now. I need to get a new seat for KTM, need a little more cushion.

The KTM is so much more powerfull and the cost was the same as the klr, 8k..

I should be ready for In Ko Pa in January.

Riding with you and Zina pushed me far beyond my limits and just wore me out, but I loved it.

Brad,

I hurt my back thats why i been away for the last year. I still have issues and am taking it slow right now. I need to get a new seat for KTM, need a little more cushion.

The KTM is so much more powerfull and the cost was the same as the klr, 8k..

I should be ready for In Ko Pa in January.

Riding with you and Zina pushed me far beyond my limits and just wore me out, but I loved it.

Joe, I'm glad you are still riding after the accident. You rode the KLR like a champ, I bet you can tear it up on the new lighter bike. I'll go ride with you any time. Hopefully you had full coverage to pay for your new bike. Talk to you later and keep the ride reports coming.