Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

EICMA 2008 now with Photos and foto link

Eicma 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to write a report, is much too much. suffice it to say that EICMA is huge.

The mini enduros from HM, Fantic and others are gems, the HM Honda enduros are super nice. Benelli looks interesting for the street and the off road bike has some cool stuff but is kind of rough and looks heavy. Please use the google look up for EICMA 2008 and see loads of fotos from people at the show. We will get our photos up when we can, I made some goofy ones (knack-knack on a Aprilia MX) and have some cool ones as well, especially for WEC Enduro fans. I rode the HM 50cc (Minarelli 2 stk) on the FMI kids course with the Italian national mini enduro champ at my heels also on a HM 50 (http://www.hmmoto.it/ita/scheda.asp?idFam=9&idProd=25) and we had Claudio Corti and the old jockey Fab Pirovano and also hanging with us from the FIM Dakar series moto rally (Beta 525 rider) Colombo

We watched the endurocross up to the final qualifying (did not see Meo win the final!!) the course was brutal enough to stop Botturi (mud hole) and Lampkin also mud hole OTB, I had the pleasure of speaking with Dougie after and he was funny explaining the 50 percent of him caked in mud. We called Cervantes for a foto and all he was doing was shaking his head and saying che fango his bike was caked, so despite all the obstacles I think the mud hole was the deal breaker. we will get our photos up soon . I noticed that the Betas (Dougies included) did not seem to be dialed in very well. Both Poles were very fast Taddy and Bart, Barts bike was the 125 I assume,,,,(144 maybe) it sounded super throaty and ran very strong on torque like a 300??? We were in the pits (just walked in like we belonged there) after and all I paid mind to was the works 250 of Meo she was just bitchen (got photo). got a great foto with Ahola (one of my fave riders) that dude is alot bigger than I thought! THe road race elite PF Chili , I think Biaggi, Corser , Simoncelli were also around but the crowds were big.

My biz partner got some good fotos with Sala and Aro, I was back at the booth but later I ran into Gio Sala just walking around and shook his hand and of course being Gio greeted me like he knew me for years,,that guy is a classic!!! I don't know what else but for us enduro fans the closeness and friendliness of our sports athletes is great

Robert N.

robert- are you affiliated with any teams/brands/shops?

It would be cool to keep tabs on your group, and support them any way I can!

Yes we are, site rules no personal adverts. se pm R I will show you guys next time we do a ride. still nursing P-neu, its going to be a while. Its ok because my machine needed some upkeep work. and some of my equip is in rework (asterisk)

robert- are you affiliated with any teams/brands/shops?

It would be cool to keep tabs on your group, and support them any way I can!

same company (quattroti),, but the drbruxracing.com is our action sports specific division,,,,,,which is our home. thanks, R

EICMA2008009-1.jpg

one of the more kooky machines at the show

a Dakar series bike

EICMA2008025-1.jpg

a championship winning scootercross machine

EICMA2008029-1.jpg

Yamaha display background "every street(road) is your street(road)"

EICMA2008035-1.jpg

another rally series machine an Alfa Romeo sponsored KTM very cool

EICMA2008036-1.jpg

another kooky machine the soccer scooter complete with turf!!

EICMA2008006.jpg

OMG now you all know what I look like,,,, S%#T

the soccer bike is with my biz partner

EICMA2008013.jpg

this Vespa plus side car got alot of attention, the outfit was beautiful, the original is still the best!!!

I dig the scooter with side car. How did you like the Tenere? We know what you look like from the ride you met us out at Corral Canyon anyway :)

I dig the scooter with side car. How did you like the Tenere? We know what you look like from the ride you met us out at Corral Canyon anyway :)

J,

The Yamaha stand was filled with great bikes,, Yamaha is my fave Japanese brand,,, all the EU dual sport/adventure bikes from Yam were beautiful and felt very comfortable, to be honest in my ignorance of that type of bike I do not know the model I was standing on (was it the new Tenere') that bike was super nice and had different color choices, I liked the white one that I was on. R

I also liked the the KAW 250 (KXE I think) it looked cool visually and seemed very light like your machine.

Yeah I'd be curious how much that KXE weighs if its an actual plated bike. My bike is still heavy compared to a real dirt bike but I am a lot more happy with it after this weekends ride. That was the XT 660 Tenere you were on the Yamaha Adventure bike. I guess it would be comparable to the KTM 640 and 660s

http://www.klmotors.it/or4/or?uid=klmotors...x&oid=60142

my bust the KXE is FIM enduro comp model built up from the KXF250 by the Kaw importer KL Motors

It is common practice in EU (Italia) for these specials just like all the HM Honda and Suz Valenti models.

All the WEC bikes from Japan are built this way Honda HM, Kaw KL Motors, Suz Valenti

(except to a degree Yam which has a base WR model but normally they start with a YZ and go from there)

I think the KLX250 is more the equiv to the Yam DS 250 machine

http://www.kawasaki.it/KLX250