Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Cactus removal tips

Since the season is just about upon us for more desert riding action (although last weekend was still pretty hot for as late in the year as it is) I thought I would share cactus spine tips.

First off, always carry tweezers in your tool bag. I use them to remove spines from my tires as well as my skin. I use needle nose piers for the bigger, tougher spines.

I f you get into cactus with lots of really small dense spines, use Elmers Glue to help get them all out of your skin. Pull out as many spines as you can get to easily, then just spread the glue on the spine afflicted area, be patient and let it dry, then peel the glue and the spines stuck in it off of you.

If you get one of those stupid Cholla cactus balls stuck on you, insert a small flat blade screw driver between you and the cactus, then pry up on the cactus to get it to release.

Last year i fell on one of those with lot of needles, i did not know how to get them out. I tried to use super glue, it worked, but lost lots of skin and hair..

Thanks for the info...

Now you know!

This kept us entertained for a while during our last Baja trip. The group was stopped waiting for this guy and when he came up on us he didnt see us until the last second. He came sliding in and took out a whole patch of this stuff!

cactus.jpg

Last year i fell on one of those with lot of needles, i did not know how to get them out. I tried to use super glue, it worked, but lost lots of skin and hair..

Thanks for the info...

Now you know!

You might loose some hair with Elmers glue, but not any skin. Superglue is too....super! :)

And to the above photo; ow ow ow ow!