Sign in to follow this  
tlking6

Gorman singletrack tour

I'm heading to Gorman\Hungry Valley for 3 days in a couple weeks and would be stoked to meet some of you guys, gals, :unsure: and happy to lead some rides through some of the best singletrack riding So Cal has to offer! Heres a few pictures to give you a idea of what to expect.

top122.jpg

view.jpg

topfraizer.jpg

Camping up there is great for anyone wanting to make a weekend out of it or you can come up just for the day. If you're able to dodge LA traffic the drive is right around 2 hours. (think a little past Magic Mountian)

You must have a spark arrestor, fairly quite pipe and be at least an intermidiate rider. Dont worry, I'll set the pace and the loop to fit the group.

Who's in?

Always wanted to go up there, but I've never been. Maybe later, in the Spring.

I have been there before, and it's really great riding! :unsure: Thanks for the invitation. I had really bad luck with L.A. traffic, so it took me like three and half hours (I had an R.V. with me). I have other plans for that weekend, but if I change I'll join you....

Martin

I would love to go, but I am already heading out to Ocotillo Wells that weekend.

Yes, a spring ride would be awesome.

I usually make several Spring or early Summer trips up there every year so we'll make that happen. They usually close the forest after the first good snow and keep it closed until they finally get around to opening it back up, sometimes not until May. The lower Park stays open pretty much year round but that gets old pretty quick.

The good part is that once the local dez gets too hot to ride theres still several weeks of good riding up there.

I've taken my Jeep up there a few times, but I have yet to ride the bike up there.

I might be down for a "arrive friday morning-leave Sat nite" weekend.

We were going to go this weekend but my Father in Law bailed to go to Oakhurst. I think if I go to Gorman I will be having to bring the wife tho and some of the best trails up there are of course not quad friendly.

some of the best trails up there are of course not quad friendly.

True, but that's why they call them single track. B)