Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

McCain / Lark Canyon Sunday 11/02

I'm sure ShocknAwe will post pictures and video but here's an overview from my perspective. My son-in-law and I found the day use area thanks to BS's directions and discovered it was a bit cooler than expected. We arrived early so a quick trip around an unfamiliar area was in order.

The variety of topography and surfaces made the initial ride and all day interesting. From hard pack to sandy banked switchbacks combined with moderate elevation changes kept the entertainment value up. We met Shock and neighbor Rachel and took the Wounded Knee outer loop while Todd was offloading. Rachel was on her fourth trip to the dirt (ever) on a newly purchased Yamaha XT225. A great bike for her and she improved all day. Very friendly and happy to be in the sun, on the dirt.

Shock & I traded sweep throughout the day with lead changing hands as well. No mishaps and nothing but smiles at the end. Successful in my book.

Brian (Son-in-Law) and I made a decision to try Salsa Lynda on the way out (blink) of Blvd. A menu full of Mexican food led me to order what I was in the mood for. A cheeseburger & fries. Frozen pattie and all. Surprisingly good and the "get ur own chips and salsa" bar stemmed the hunger 'til the food arrived.

A fun ride, friendly group.

Sounds great. Better a bit too cool than a bit too warm. Did it rain at all out there? B)

No rain. Black clouds blew in as we were loading and it drizzled to poured (briefly) on the way west.

Agree on the temp...it actually warmed a little with a slight breeze. Perfect.

Fun ride with a good group of five people.

We took Rachel's Land Rover and my trailer, which took a beating on the 3 mile off road to the OHV staging area. It was cool, perfect weather, except no rain. Look forward to doing it again!

I rode up and down the second biggest hill near the staging area - will attempt the biggest one when Bikeslut is around to help muscle my bike off the ground.

Below are some of the pictures and video from this trip.

Run time: 3 minutes 12 seconds

post-5435-1225685964_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1225685988_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1225686040_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1225686057_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1225686072_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1225686102_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1225686242_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1225686102_thumb.jpg

Blue....evidently an abhorrition in SDAR gatherings. Even if I can't get the WR plated and get a KTM, I'm finding blue plastics.

Black may be a color, but blue is definitely a color. :unsure:

BTW, the V-Strom is also blue, as is my step-daughters quad.

Looks like the "blue bike" brigade. :unsure:

I was gonna say . . . :lol:

Great looking bunch of bikes! Looked like a fun day to be riding.

Blue....evidently an abhorrition in SDAR gatherings. Even if I can't get the WR plated and get a KTM, I'm finding blue plastics.

Black may be a color, but blue is definitely a color. :)

BTW, the V-Strom is also blue, as is my step-daughters quad.

I don't have any problem with blue bikes. Three of mine are lime green. :D

Just wanted to thank everyone that rode McCain valley on Sunday. Once again, SDAR members know how to have a good time. :)