Sign in to follow this  
christi20

Easy Ride--Saturday

I have to pick up some frame guards in Ramona at all American KTM so this will be a short easy ride on street and dirt roads.

So, I will ride from my house, at the county line up 080S to Palomar Divide S907 and down the other side. From there will be pavement to to Lake Henshaw center loop to Mesa Grande to Black Canyon(dirt) then into Ramona. Back the same way unless someone has a better idea (or suggestions, Crawdaddy?).

Anyone interested? Time would be 9am or so.

I have to pick up some frame guards in Ramona at all American KTM so this will be a short easy ride on street and dirt roads.

So, I will ride from my house, at the county line up 080S to Palomar Divide S907 and down the other side. From there will be pavement to to Lake Henshaw center loop to Mesa Grande to Black Canyon(dirt) then into Ramona. Back the same way unless someone has a better idea (or suggestions, Crawdaddy?).

My only suggestion would be too turn right onto Upper Santa Isabel TT ( it's the turn-off just before you cross Black Canyon Bridge) rather than staying on Black Canyon all the way to Magnolia/78.....

Upper Santa Isabel TT will run you over to Black Canyon TT (stay left at the fork).....that'll run you down to Pamo Rd.......take Pamo to Haverford (seamless) to Elm (left) to 7th (seamless)......you'll pop out at 7th and main....swing a right.......All American is at 9th and main.....

If you decide to stay on Black Canyon it turns into Magnolia as you head towards town (seamless)......hang a right on Pile.....that'll run you over to Pamo rather than staying on Magnolia to 78 which takes you way east of town......

The homeward leg sorta depends on how much time you have......if you decide to reverse the route and just want to screw around a bit, go left and up when you hit the intersection of Black Canyon TT and Santa Isabel TT........Black Canyon TT dead-ends into a couple of gates after a bit but nice views as you climb up.......then come back down and head across upper Santa Isabel......it's fun in either direction (but watch out for a few erosion ruts)

If you have even more time, cross Black Canyon Bridge when you come off Upper Santa Isabel on the way back and take a spin around Lake Sutherland.....then head up 78 to Wynola......drop down to Rodriguez......head up Rodriguez to Rodriguez Spur......to Mason TT......to S2......to 78.......to Grapevine.......to S22......S2.....79.....home.......(or swing a right on Jasper Trail and take that over to S22, etc., etc)

Take a look at the Ramona Loops I posted......

I knew you would have some good ideas! :ph34r:

Thanks! Hopefully I will have some time to try some of those options!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

How about, we meet at P.T.T again then to Palomar mountain-Nate Harrison Grade-76-15-Vista ALL KILLER NO FILLER LOOP--Carlsbad-(have a beer )-Del Mar-Escondido-Ramona-Then whatever Crawdaddy said. :blink:

Craig.

Shouldn't be too hot out the desert way. At least not over 90. You might like Grapevine and Jasper trail.

View of the Salton Sea from a spur trail off of Jasper trail from last February.

100_0304.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Shouldn't be too hot out the desert way. At least not over 90. You might like Grapevine and Jasper trail.

The ALL KILLER LOOP IS EASIER THAN alisasandro.

Hey Ham Head, Did you even read Christi's initial post????? :lol::lol:

this will be a short easy ride on street and dirt roads

How bout giving your act a rest for a while..... :lol:;)

Craig, AMEN Brother. I love my XRL too!

post-8951-1225483905_thumb.jpg

I wish I could go but I have other plans this weekend. I wanna do High Point again before it snows.

Let me know when you go again.

post-8951-1225484983_thumb.jpg

I think I'm confused, is there a ride in here somewhere? and if so where does it start?

ORANGEBLOOD

[/quote

aguanga- which is kumeyaay for "read the first post"

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey Ham Head, Did you even read Christi's initial post????? :punish: :fool:

this will be a short easy ride on street and dirt roads

How bout giving your act a rest for a while..... :lol::D

Since she's prolly the best rider here, I figured I would lead, on some harder trails. I can ride with Scott Seargent or Steve Mckellar (Scary fast, technical trails) any time I want. You ride how you want, I will ride my ride. (give it a rest) :rolleyes: Not everyone want's to stay on easy fire roads, all their life. :lazy:

since she is prolly the original poster, she should prolly pick the ride... something easy, with paved and dirt roads... which she did

happy Halloween craig... did you carve a punkin?

hi jack off

Guest Hammerin Hammon

since she is prolly the original poster, she should prolly pick the ride... something easy, with paved and dirt roads... which she did

happy Halloween craig... did you carve a punkin?

hi jack off

No, I am known for SMASHING PUMKINS! :lazy: :fool: Well the band is rocking next door, I gotta go ,before the cops come. The band soounds Awesome (Pearl Jam) :lol: Late. :punish: Carlsbad rocks. :rolleyes:

Since she's prolly the best rider here, I figured I would lead, on some harder trails. I can ride with Scott Seargent or Steve Mckellar (Scary fast, technical trails) any time I want. You ride how you want, I will ride my ride. (give it a rest) :rolleyes: Not everyone want's to stay on easy fire roads, all their life. :punish:

You are right Mallet she IS probably the best rider here and you can LEAD YOUR OWN ride any time you want. So why don’t you give it a rest and let her lead her ride and you lead your ride. You don’t need to hijack someone else’s ride or ride report all the time. Just post your ride and let the people decide. If they want a nice pleasant ride with a nice pleasant ride leader they can go with her. If they want a jackass ride they can go with you. Simple isn’t it.

Donkeytalking.jpg