Sign in to follow this  
paulmbowers

ATTGATT

Can't tell you how many times I've shot up and down the alley behind my house after washing my bike, jetting, tuning, etc. Never with a helmet, because I'm just in the alley, right? And another SDAR member came over the other day riding with a half-helmet and shorts/tennies. Just a reminder fom today's UT:

NORTH PARK: A 47-year-old motorcyclist suffered major injuries yesterday when he was run over by a car, San Diego police said. The motorcyclist, who was not wearing a helmet, was hospitalized with severe head and chest injuries and several broken bones, police said.

The incident occurred about 5:30 p.m. on Madison Avenue near 30th Street. Police said the man was riding an off-road motorcycle in an alley when he lost control of the vehicle and shot into traffic on Madison. He was struck and run over by a woman in her 40s driving west in a Honda Element. –P.R.

Well I value my face so don't like half helmets but besides that, its so tempting to just hop on the bike but the time it takes to be safe isn't much. I practice ATTGATT even tho I know it makes me "look silly" complete with my Caltrans vest.

I hope the rider recovers

MOTGATT-

Helmet- ALWAYS... even running down the driveway on the XR70

Gloves- ALWAYS

Underwear- ALWAYS

everything else, MOST of the time

(NEVER expose my feet... leather shoes at a minimum)

Well its a good thing you wear underwear, is it leather too?

Some things your mom tells you stay with you forever... She didn't care what it was made of, as long as I was wearing it, and it was clean...

apparently going to the hospital always requires you to remove underwear, and my mom didn't want people to think she was a bad mom...

and, yes, as a kid, I was in the hospital every month

as an "adult" it has dwindled to every year... maybe I am growing up!

back on topic... another phrase I like

"Don't dress "for the ride"... dress "for the crash""

I wear ATGATT-B to work every day... people ask me if it's hot... I repsond; "not as hot as road rash"

Whats -b?

My gear isn't hot at all, ive actually had to put the liner in and bundle up more with layers lately

Whats -b?

My gear isn't hot at all, ive actually had to put the liner in and bundle up more with layers lately

no boots... leather dress shoes on the way to work.. and textile pants with armor, textile jacket with armor, full face helmet, leather gloves with knuckle protection... and the most important part of street gear

the knowledge that they're out to get you... every single one of them... it's not paranoid if it's true :lol:

I saw that in the paper this morning and was hoping it wasn't anyone from on here.

At an absolute minimum I ALWAYS wear a helmet and gloves and that's just in my neighborhood. (Like this guy was, I know.)

The minimum I'll wear for my ride to work is a helmet, gloves, boots and my jacket with jeans. 90% of the time I wear my overpants too but I'll be the first to admit sometimes I just don't feel like dealing with the damn pants.

The streetburners are comfortable, but i have some sandals at my desk to swap to also. I wear my pants over my jeans but yeah sometimes i wish i didnt. The legs unzip real wide so its not too hard to put them on take them off its just an annoyance