dirt dame

Truck repair

I know how to fix a lot of things on bikes....almost everything on a bike. But when it comes to cars and trucks, I'm not so good.

Last week, I blew the ignition on the Ranger. Because I need it for work, I dropped it off at a shop to have it worked on and get it back the next day. They were recommended by another shop that did body work and brakes, that a family member goes to all the time. They did a good, quick job on the truck and of course a good quick job on my already flat wallet. If I had known what the truck needed, I could have gotten the parts for about half the cost online of what I was charged at the shop. I could have installed them myself, as well. :blink:

Now, this week, it looks like the clutch is going to go. It is hard to engage smoothly from a standstill and jerks and shutters when I start out. I don't know what is causing it. Throwout bearing? Slave cylinder? With close to 130,000 miles on it, it could probably use a clutch kit, too. I know what some of these things go for online, so I know that a repair shop will charge about twice as much for the same parts. :D

Does anybody know of somebody in north county that will do a fair priced repair on an old (1995) Ford Ranger?

I don't have the time or tools to do it myself, but I can't take a another beating in my already empty wallet. :D Or maybe somebody to trade some clutch work for some bike work.

Or maybe somebody to trade some clutch work for some bike work.

I'm interested Mimi.....I've done clutch replacements on a few vehicles in the past and you know Rachel's Husky is ill so If you can get it to my place I'd be happy to lend a hand. as you know I have plenty space and the tools to do the clutch if you got the parts... (I can get a 10% discount at Kragen or Autozone if that helps) .

Another good thing too is that if I encounter any problems while doing it I have a fall back plan...my neighbor is a certified Ford Mechanic :blink: (as well as a BMW motorcycle mechanic for San Diego PD).

I'll be home this weekend so shoot me a PM or give me a call and we'll work it out.

http://www.clutchcityonline.com/ford_ranger.htm

P.S. Do you have a repair manual for the Ranger? If not there's usally allot to be found on the web.

I run a shop in Escondido, and could help you out. My cell #619-997-1198. Call me with any questions. My name is Cree. Schwinn can vouch for me.