Sign in to follow this  
JEFF

North county ride tomorrow?

Hi all, newbie here, wondering if anyone is up for a local ride tomorrow. I was thinking Miriam Mountain, can get in around 30 miles of dirt riding or so.

Jeff

Hi all, newbie here, wondering if anyone is up for a local ride tomorrow. I was thinking Miriam Mountain, can get in around 30 miles of dirt riding or so.

Jeff

Where's Miriam Mtn.? I'm in Esco. & want to get out if it's not too hot AND if the ride is not too difficult.

Phill

I hope I'm not giving away any secrets, but it is spelled Merriam Mtn.

Steve (who's never been there)

Where's Miriam Mtn.? I'm in Esco. & want to get out if it's not too hot AND if the ride is not too difficult.

Phill

There are fire roads and techincal stuff too, I can do either or. I am in Fallbrook and usually take old 395 and go under the freeway across from Lawrence Welk. Let me know if you want to meet up and around what time, also the first trail out has a few trciky spots, but nothing too serious.

Jeff

I hope I'm not giving away any secrets, but it is spelled Merriam Mtn.

Steve (who's never been there)

Phill

THAT explains why google couldn't find it!

So if I understand it's that steep blacktop road across from the Welk gas station. Meet there at what time?

Many years ago I was there for an antique car race down that hill. Long before there were house up there. Never been off the blacktop up there and I didn't know the name.

Phill

So if I understand it's that steep blacktop road across from the Welk gas station. Meet there at what time?

Many years ago I was there for an antique car race down that hill. Long before there were house up there. Never been off the blacktop up there and I didn't know the name.

Phill

I was thinking about riding after the Chargers game, but if you want to ride earlier I can do that too. If you continue up past the new houses at the end of the culdesac there is a gate, we could meet there. Let me know if you are up for it, and anyone else who is interested.

Jeff

I was thinking about riding after the Chargers game, but if you want to ride earlier I can do that too. If you continue up past the new houses at the end of the culdesac there is a gate, we could meet there. Let me know if you are up for it, and anyone else who is interested.

Jeff

That's late for me...I think I'll head east early. Maybe Pamo Valley.

Phill

Jeff

That's late for me...I think I'll head east early. Maybe Pamo Valley.

Phill

Maybe next time, what is Pamo Valley?

Jeff

;)

and its not spelled that way

I think its Pauma... right?

No, Pamo road is the right name, and it isn't near Pauma Valley. :)

The location in the post above is correct. Near Ramona.

ozzy and went for a ride today; we decided that for San Diego riding options, its really hard to beat Mimi, crawdaddy and racerbill... those 3 have the county "mapped"... in their heads (and on gps tracks if you're Chris)

SDL is not half bad either, but he doesn't like us any more.

You got that right, Mimi is the best ride guide, she knows pretty much anything legal to ride and some thats not <_< and you can pm crawdaddy for tracks if he doesn't have it he will create it :D and with bob for a riding instructor you're all set :D

Sorry I missed this, I was up at Sears Point (Infinnion Raceway) flogging an Audi R8 around the track on Sunday. Wish I had a spare $140,000 to plunk down on one of those cars - very nice!

Just to confirm, this spot you're talking about isn't the happy hunting grounds that Hammer and I have taken folks to is it?

If not I'm always interested in checking out a new spot. Is this a spot where I could ride the trials bike, and if so, is there parking in the area? If not I guess I'd have to ride the Husky.

You got that right, Mimi is the best ride guide, she knows pretty much anything legal to ride and some thats not B) and you can pm crawdaddy for tracks if he doesn't have it he will create it :D and with bob for a riding instructor you're all set :(

:D Oh I might know stuff that isn't legal (it used to be, though!), but I'd never ride on it now! :DB)

Sorry I missed this, I was up at Sears Point (Infinnion Raceway) flogging an Audi R8 around the track on Sunday. Wish I had a spare $140,000 to plunk down on one of those cars - very nice!

Just to confirm, this spot you're talking about isn't the happy hunting grounds that Hammer and I have taken folks to is it?

If not I'm always interested in checking out a new spot. Is this a spot where I could ride the trials bike, and if so, is there parking in the area? If not I guess I'd have to ride the Husky.

I think it's the same place, but entering it from the east side.