Sign in to follow this  
Jaynen

LOL Just what I need my bike to have 54hp

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthrea...7985&page=4

I'm not sure about the location of some of the parts as far as crash protection, or the heat of that piping but pretty cool all the same. Seen turbos on some of the bigger street bikes but never something like this.

I guess the top pipe is only air so it doesnt get that hot, and he thinks he can make a workable bash plate/crash guard for it too.

Too bad I already want a bigger bike for longer trips rather than just more power hehe.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthrea...7985&page=4

I'm not sure about the location of some of the parts as far as crash protection, or the heat of that piping but pretty cool all the same. Seen turbos on some of the bigger street bikes but never something like this.

I guess the top pipe is only air so it doesnt get that hot, and he thinks he can make a workable bash plate/crash guard for it too.

Too bad I already want a bigger bike for longer trips rather than just more power hehe.

There is an easier way. 248 lbs. 62 hp.

newtank.jpg

Yes, if you like horespower just buy a Husky. Even the 07 TE450 puts out about 46 horsies stock and properly jetted.

Ya husky's are nice. I like my bikes ability on the highway and such tho. Of course I view my bike more akin to what you are trying to do with your DRZ-400S "Adventure" than a hardcore plated dirt bike. I am really curious to know what its like to ride a different bike on the street/highway as far as smoothness

I am really curious to know what its like to ride a different bike on the street/highway as far as smoothness

Both my Harley and my Indian are quite smooth.

I don't see myself as a cruiser type even tho I like the looks of the "powercruisers" at least my wear all the gear all the time mentality doesnt have me fitting in as much on one. I think I prefer a more standard upright riding position but then again I havent gotten to try it.

I am mostly curious about the adventure bikes if they can still do dirt/gravel/2 track etc but also be fairly comparable to a sport touring bike for 2up long distance gear carrying shenanigans.

With a new seat, and possibly some sort of rubber hose or something I could slip onto the footpegs I think my bike is fine for most stuff. Going down to Chief gunners in lakeside was about 60 miles but my butt was just starting to really remind me of the seat about the time I got home and i noticed my feet go a little numb from the metal footpegs, and I think I give myself a bit of lobster claw since I am not flexing my fingers much even tho I don't death grip like I was doing initially.

When I see other bikes on the freeway they just look a little more nonchalant than I feel :unsure: even tho I am not fighting or struggling

I know whats probably best for me is to ride the wheels off the one I got and make the most of it without throwing too much into more farkles but its always such a temptation.