Chief Gunner

Group ride out to Borrego on pavement today

I will be riding with a group of Sailors from my Command today, Carguy and SCHWINN showed up for our last ride and had a decent time riding with us. This is the type of ride where the experienced riders get to discuss techniques, safety and general bike knowledge to those that are less experienced.

Our ride Leader is Tom Walsh who knows Carguy from teaching the MSF Basic and Experienced rider courses. He is a very good and experienced rider (total Track junkie on his GSXR) but stresses safe and responsible riding on the streets and roads. :huh:

Here's the details: Thursday's Command Mentorship Ride. We'll be heading out to Borrego Springs, taking Sunrise Hwy through Julian (should be in Julian around 11'ish) and then heading down Banner Grade into town. We'll exit down the S2, and continue on through the 79 from Santa Ysabel and down through Ramona.

Please be on time at 1000 in the parking lot of the Uniform Shop/Fleet Exchange/McD's across from Pier 7. Also, please be in the proper gear for the ride. If you can't remember what to wear, then please visit the 5100.12h (on www.cnrswtrafficsafety.com <-Click here). In a nutshell, over the ankle boots, long pants (jean material), long shirt (M/C Jacket and brightly colored preferred) and a DOT Helmet with safety glasses or a face shield. And one last thing, please do a TCLOCS on your bike Wednesday night so you are ensured a safe operating motorcycle.

I'll go over the route, stopping points, places we'll do some evaluations and where we'll stop for lunch. After we leave from Borrego Springs, you are free to ride home by whatever route you prefer, but would suggest you ride with the group along the above route.

Lastly, if you have a Chatterbox, please bring it charged and ready to go. I'll need someone to either take point or pick up the rear.

Let's have a safe ride, guys/gals!

my cell phone number is in the members only contact info thread if you want to contact me and come with.

have a good ride Aaron! keep max's rubber side down; I'll keep an eye out while you pass my house!

Gunz,

Please post the next command ride you do, I'd love to start something like this in my command when I get back. We've talked about it for a long time but since it hasn't gotten off the ground yet it looks like I'll take the controls and make it happen. It sounds like you have a great model to follow.

I'll let you know Tom! The ride was AWESOME :D Good therapy for the soul! I'll post a write up with a link to the video that Chief Walsh has, he had a camera mounted on the left front of his GSXR and a rear mounted camera mounted to his fender B) .

We had 21 riders show up on everything from R1's, R6's, GSXR's, Harleys, BMW's and Kawi's and an SV.

Since I was familiar with the route (I'd better be since I've ridden it a bunch with a few of you here to get to the trails B) ) I got to lead the group from the end of Sunrise at the 8 out to Julian, down Banner, out to San Felipe creek and up over and down to Borrego, up Montezuma and then on to Santa Isabel and down the 79 to Ramona and home on the 67.

The weather was perfect, a little warm in Borrego but overall it was a perfect day to ride.

Banner Grade has been recently paved (since the last time I rode it in the spring with Paul) and I was missing the Motard set up on the pig :) , it is so smooth now, I was able to get some great traction and put some serious leans on the VMax :D !