Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

Ducati Terra Mostro

http://www.terramostro.com/

Good looking bike, similar in concept to the KTM Super Enduro. I particularly enjoyed the comparison page. :lol:

You're right, comparison page cracked me up :D .......almost as much as the ~$16K price tag :lol::D:D

It's a cool bike. Nice thread over on ADV about it. They set everything up for you custom from the suspension to you name it. Its much more of a custom tailored bike experience for that price than simply buying something from a dealer.

but yeah 16k is ouch! The base monster is a large chunk of that tho I think. It does look like it would be a pretty awesome machine

Its cheaper than the BMW HP 2 which I think is in the high end market.

I didn't click the link... isn't that the Ducati Monster 695 with custom suspension? anything THAT different about it?

Honda REALLY needs to make a modern big bore bike, and pull out all the stops... they can make a CBR1000RR... they can make a Gold Wing... They can make a Harley... oops... A SHADOW ACE...

they can make a freakin' F1!

SURELY, they can make the bike we would buy... Soichiro (sic?) would not be happy with Honda offerings

we had a saying in mountain biking

cheap, strong, light

pick two

That bike is not heavy considering the horespower, and it's a twin... 60 pounds more than MY ( :D ) XRL, and twice the horsepower...

I'm not sure I would pick the Ducati V for an off road engine, but it is probably fine for the dirt... re-geared for singletrack, and it'll still run at 100 all day.

anybody that has ridden a high horsepower bike (especially with a four stroke delivery) knows that engine power can minimize weight.... until you have to pick it up.

That bike is still 100 pounds lighter than my strom, and only down 20 HP... sounds like a decent deal

How does it compare weight and power wise to the 950 super enduro? And isnt there a 690 super enduro too or did we end up not getting it and thats why schwinn has the SMC convert?

I think it sounds pretty nice and they have done their home work but you could probably pick any bike you wanted almost and have the suspension refabbed etc

395 pounds, for 16,000.00$ :lol:

If it weighed 195 lbs you wouldnt buy it :D

How does it compare weight and power wise to the 950 super enduro? And isnt there a 690 super enduro too or did we end up not getting it and thats why schwinn has the SMC convert?

I think it sounds pretty nice and they have done their home work but you could probably pick any bike you wanted almost and have the suspension refabbed etc

Totally right... before BMW announced the 800, somebody at ADVrider was asking about the perfect power plant for an adventure bike...

I said 750cc parallel twin... but then you have to figure out which frame geometry lends itself to off road (with the new fork height)?... which frame allows access to internals?... which radiators are way out in the wind, waiting to grab a tree? Subframe? all sorts of things... ALL to end up with a compromise bike, which is exactly waht ALL dual sport bikes are.

You can also look up Weber for another take on a made from almost scratch adventure bike, with better dirt possibilities...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

395 pounds, for 16,000.00$ ;)

If it weighed 195 lbs you wouldnt buy it :o

If it can't winn in Baja, I probably would't buy it. Why would I want a 16,000 dollar bike that can't beat an XR.(quote) the Comparison.

;):o:lol:

Craig.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

;) How is it that all the threads about bikes end up like this :o ?

O.K. It sounds, much better than a K.T.M. Adventure bike.(quote) the home page. But can't beat an X.R.

But can I ride my wife with my surfboard, and all our gear to Baja, on KILLER surf trips. Can I get parts for it in Baja (NO) ;):o:D

Than I ain't buyen 1 :( Well, its back to work for me. Since I am working for lawyers, do you think I should ask them for a 20,000.00$ retainer. :lol::D

more friendly on the street than the KTM twins.(quote)

The Terra Mostro can keep an XR in it's sights when the terrain gets rough, (quote)

Front wheel travel — 8.12 inches

º Rear wheel travel — 8.12 inches

Totally right... before BMW announced the 800, somebody at ADVrider was asking about the perfect power plant for an adventure bike...

I said 750cc parallel twin... but then you have to figure out which frame geometry lends itself to off road (with the new fork height)?... which frame allows access to internals?... which radiators are way out in the wind, waiting to grab a tree? Subframe? all sorts of things... ALL to end up with a compromise bike, which is exactly waht ALL dual sport bikes are.

You can also look up Weber for another take on a made from almost scratch adventure bike, with better dirt possibilities...

I have wondered about a modern take on the Africa Twin etc