Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Wickenberg AZ AMA Nat Enduro

robertaccio is signed for SEN B,,,is anyone going ? Husqvarna TXC450.

When is this? Maybe I'll go watch...

(I know... google SHOULD be my friend, but then google found out about MSN and my Yahoo somehow got brought in to it... and ... well... it's just a long story)

*edit* Looks like this is the October 19 weekend... Some of us are running a checkpoint (or drinking beer as the case may be) for a race here in the desert.

That area, once it cools down, is awesome though... get maps while you are there, and lead a group

I was informed that most of the events trails are on private land?? I will find out more as we get closer to the event.

just got the start list,,,, all the pros are are on consecutive minutes and all are behind me and most of the amatuers............ Lafferty is min 21 I am min 19,, the rest of the pros all follow minute by minute after lafferty.....this should be great fun,,,hopfully (for sure) the pros will all will pass on the first 40 mile loop.

I have raced several national enduro's in northern mich, usually starting around minute 12 and the pro's were on 21 at 12 the line was well defined but not blown out, and with the pro's behind you are motivated, but if the section was more than 10miles they would catch up, that can be exciting and frustrating. :D

I think the organizers have it good because the first loop is the 40 mile C loop of dez single track ,,,this will give the big dogs plenty of side of trail space to get around us. I think for the start of the B loop we will start on our minutes again so it will happen all over again, hopefully no issues (with us slugs) as the this is the determining race for the Nat championship

Best of luck all the same.

LePetomane

other than the reference to blazing saddles, is the lepetomane name familiar to everybody?

Jon- you're nasty

the heat slagged me, 14th of 31,,,no go on B loop,, quit(hate that word) after doing very well throughout most of C Loop,,, dizzy and nausea was kicking me hard,,, more liquids just didn't seem to help. @95deg and dry dry dry,, should have been better prepared with moose sahara gear and light weight chest protector (I have both),, just kept overheating. Well midpack finish,,, has to be ok!! see ya all on the trail, R