Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Sunday

thanks for the ride Paul. sorry about your helmet

Meh.

If I didn't want it to hit the ground, I shouldn't have left it on top of a post.

Great ride, fun to be on the roads. Kitchen Creek and the other single-lane blacktop roads Pine Creek? lots of fun.

fn

oh yeah; I forgot some sections

El Huecos, Thing Valley, Kitchen Creek...

we did about 160 miles and home in time for lunch... I think my tires are scrubbed in now... banner is too much fun... anybody know why the gate is closed at banner/chariot (or whichever of the three canyons that is)

we did about 160 miles and home in time for lunch... I think my tires are scrubbed in now... banner is too much fun... anybody know why the gate is closed at banner/chariot (or whichever of the three canyons that is)

The gate to Chariot Canyon road off the Banner grade has always been closed, but never locked. Are you saying that the gate was locked? I always ride up to it, park, open it, ride through, park and close it, then I am on my merry way. :angry:

The gate to Chariot Canyon road off the Banner grade has always been closed, but never locked. Are you saying that the gate was locked? I always ride up to it, park, open it, ride through, park and close it, then I am on my merry way. :ph34r:

:angry:

uh... hmm... I can't say I actually checked it...Paul?

we were busy laughing at the sign

"closed gate ahead"

it was actually ON the gate!

just as well... it was f'ot

just as well... it was f'ot

And if you think it was hot at that end of the road, it would have been much hotter at the other end and not much shade to speak of anywhere in between. :angry:

When the weather cools off again, I'll be ready for another little spin down that road (and Rodriguez Canyon road).

Hmmm. Check the lock. Funny idea chix have sometimes. Ha! Check the lock. I'm like, suure. Slut you checked the lock, right?

Hot was Carveacre, and the around-the-gate experience. Hot.

fn

And for your information for future rides in the area of Chariot Canyon, you also will find a closed but not locked gate up on Rodriguez Canyon road. Just make sure that you close the gates when you go through and the locals will be happy enough.

I knew that was you guys that passed as I was getting in my truck on sunrise after some early morning bow hunting. :rolleyes:

I knew that was you guys that passed as I was getting in my truck on sunrise after some early morning bow hunting. :D

we saw you :rolleyes: ) get anything? I got some scratches on the xrl...