Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

MSR dromedary bags

It is easy to fill out of a fuel jug, might be harder at a gas pump. It is very easy to pour the fuel into the bike, but you have to go for it, you can't try to pour slowly, just turn it upside down quickly. The key to the fuel bottles is don't try to fill them too much, leave the recommended air space. :) Ken

Now, I'm not the most law abiding citizen around but I do know that the MSR dromedary bags are not approved a a fuel container so you might not want to fill one up from a gas pump at your location service station! :o

I don't know what you guys are using for fuel, but my MSR bottles (I carry 2) are specifically made for carrying petroleum fuels(except on aricraft). 2 of them fit nicely in the Ogio vest, one on each rear side pocket. If I don't need fuel I carry them empty. They weigh less than 1/2 lb. each and are much easier than siphoning if some one else needs fuel. Judging by the dents in them, they have saved me from some gnarley bruises too. :) Ken

newlight-1.jpg

Not only are the bottles good for carrying fuel, but other flamable liquids as well. :o

Tallships024.jpg

I don't know what you guys are using for fuel, but my MSR bottles (I carry 2) are specifically made for carrying petroleum fuels(except on aricraft). 2 of them fit nicely in the Ogio vest, one on each rear side pocket. If I don't need fuel I carry them empty. They weigh less than 1/2 lb. each and are much easier than siphoning if some one else needs fuel.

No more good old days. :o

100_0122.jpg

I don't know what you guys are using for fuel, but my MSR bottles (I carry 2) are specifically made for carrying petroleum fuels(except on aricraft). 2 of them fit nicely in the Ogio vest, one on each rear side pocket. If I don't need fuel I carry them empty. They weigh less than 1/2 lb. each and are much easier than siphoning if some one else needs fuel.

No more good old days. :o

100_0122.jpg

There may be a few.

22.jpg

I put a little over a half gallon into it today. it was very easily done and could be done at the pump the only draw back would be how fast the pump is anyway by using half the capacity or a little more you have plenty of room , then I bled the air out of the bag, I hung it in the direct sunlight for about 90minutes there was no expansion no smell of gas or any sign of leakage. as far as impact there are supposed to be able to stay intact after being run over by an automobile? not gonna try it :o but the bag still has about 2.75 liters in it I have not taken any out of it I will leave it in there for a couple weeks unless it ends up in the tank before that. I filts nicely in the right side rear pocket on the ogio vest with water in the middle and tools in the left side fairly balanced. :)