Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Continental Divide Ride - Last two weeks of August

A few of the Orange County Dualies are riding the Continental Divide Ride (CDR)......NOW......their blog is posted HERE

Check in for DAILY updates about the CDR. The CDR is a dual-sport, adventure class ride......they'll be riding their motorcycles from the Canadian border in Montana to the Mexican border in New Mexico over roads and trails of all sorts (most of them unpaved) that parallel the continental divide of the American Rockies.

2500 off-road miles in about 11 days......nice!

Follow along and live vicariously through their words......start at the bottom of the page and work your way up.....

Did you happen to notice that Avery is riding a KTM 950 Super Enduro? :D (I did :) )

You so have already made your decision barring a test ride gone horribly wrong :i-m_so_happy:

I'm curious how they'll get 150 miles on a single tank 450exc

fn

You so have already made your decision barring a test ride gone horribly wrong :D

Well......hmmmm.......yep...... ;):(

A few of the Orange County Dualies are riding the Continental Divide Ride (CDR)......NOW......their blog is posted HERE

Bump in case you forget about this thread (click the link above to read about their trip.....pretty good strategy to alternate drivers in a support vehicle....came in handy when one rider fractured his foot).

They completed the ride a few weeks ago......an e-mail came in from Avery on the 4th while I was out riding back from CO......(he didn't know about my 620 purchase/adventure while he was on his trip......so he figured I was still looking for a Super Enduro......and I may be in a few years when the price comes down on used SE's :lol: )

Avery's e-mail:

You might still be following along on the CDR blog, which is a few days behind as we have actually finished the ride.

As for the KTM Super Enduro 950R - all I can say it was the perfect bike for the ride (and she never had a hic-up or a crash)..

Go ahead and ask questions about her and I'll get you some real feedback.

avery.jpg