Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Polomar Mountain

Woody-

feel free to scuff up the kneepads on your ride.

Bob,

Used returning your pads as an excuse to go for a ride. Left them at your door.

Nice Strom!

Andy

I'm ready to rock and roll for tomorrow. Hopefully Hondapilot and Titanium will be along for the ride. It sounds like HP has some carb issues to straighten out tonight, and no word from Titanium yet. One thing is for sure, I'll be there!

LETS RIDE ! ! !

I guess that if I want to go I should just make the trip to Ramona and meet you guys there. However I can feel the desert calling and I might solo down Banner, to Oriflamme Canyon - Then head through the Squeeze and Split Mountain. If I decide to go with the group I will meet you at 8:30 at Packards. It depends on what time I wake up and which way the bike wants to go. Usually it wants to head east in the morning.

...However I can feel the desert calling and I might solo down Banner, to Oriflamme Canyon - Then head through the Squeeze and Split Mountain...

Did that last week with Trey, although we did Rodriguez TT instead of the upper part of Oriflamme...

Posted Image

Be careful out there alone. It's early in the season. We didn't see a soul the whole way until we were just a few miles from the pavement.

Wait for a black KTM - I should not ride solo yet in the desert. Last week I tipped over on an overgrown trail off of Banner. I have always rode on 3 or 4 wheels and swore off 2 wheelers after an unfortunate YZ490 incident in the dunes 22 years ago. It was quite a fun bike for the first two hours. Sold it as soon as I got back from Gordons/Yuma General H.

When I was in the Hospital a Nurse said "Your one of those off-roaders that destroy the desert" I told her that she was one of those Desert Dwellers that destroy the desert. A plated bike is my only option for riding the areas of Borrego that I love -- DMV won't plate my Quad and the Environmentalist have shut down so many beautiful areas of the desert to non-highway vehicles.

So go easy on me guys! I am a little sketchy on only 2-wheels - I have an entire season of desert riding ahead of me (if all goes well).

Paul

2004 kTM SXC

Well, we will do a writeup, but in the mean time.

Did you Know there are 2 Packards in Ramona?

Hopefully both groups had a great ride.

I apologize for the mixup. :P