Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

650L vs. KTM.990vs. KLR 650 which is better

OK the original post is titled “650L vs, KTM.990 which is better for hard core techni., 2 up surf trips.Desert Dash. MX. Commuteing Big Bear”. I think we should stay on topic.

Ahhh.. but you see Roger, that hasn't always been the title... As a matter of fact, that wasn't the Craig asked on ThumperTalk Either:

XR650L vs. KTM.990

Some of my friends, are switching over. I hate Orange bikes, they cost to much, and fall apart.

What do you guys think.

Craig.

You see, he changed the question in the middle of the discussion.

:ph34r:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

i think its a good time for this pic :(:(

post-108-1219115428_thumb.jpg ( someone should make this a front pager lol )

Can you change it to Team KLR. I would rather eat worms than ride a KTM. I am looking for a low milege 07 650 KLR. :(

Thanks Craig.

" 07 KLR "

now your talking !!!!

You can come drool over mine anytime :(

(edit) that one on craigslist is the right money you should jump on it !!!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

" 07 KLR "

now your talking !!!!

You can come drool over mine anytime :(

How do you like it, post some pictures, tell me more. Today I was planning the frame mods, when I thought (just buy a KLR.)

Maybe a KLR. for more street, and surf trips, and a 650L for Roosting KTM.'s :( Plated CR 500 for MX. and the dunes.

Might work well for me. :(

Craig.

I dont have any recent pics ill try to get some up by this weekend.she's been sleeping in the garage for a while, ( To much work not enough time) gona try to give her a bath and a street ride on sat . And to answer your question i love it, bought it new in 05 and has about 14k on it now with no mech issues ! . its a great all around bike for what it is !

"650L vs. KTM.990vs. KLR 650 which is better?"

Has this thread reached on consensus? If not I will render my decision on Wednesday at midnight. The judgment will be final.

:(

"650L vs. KTM.990vs. KLR 650 which is better?"

Has this thread reached on consensus? If not I will render my decision on Wednesday at midnight. The judgment will be final.

:)

It is SO clear, I don't know why you even are folllowing this thread...

for Hammer- the 650L is best for eveyrthing... he doesn't have the time to do really long, pavement oritented trips

For Doug- the 990 is best... he already has a dirt bike

for others- the KLR is the perfect middle ground

so FOUR PAGES to come to the conclusion we all know... all dual sport bikes are a compromise... some are more dirt worthy, some street... Some trade performance for a little more reliability... some cost more, and are worth it IF you have the DOSH... some are orange, some are red (and green, and blue, and yellow, etc.)... Some will truly go around the world, and some will give you hammeroids after 300 miles...

besides... the BMW650 wasn't even an option - sheesh!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

When I posted low miles, I was thinking about 1,500 2ndly if I buy a KLR. and can still eat KTM's for breakfast, on it. I will tell you all the KLR is best, (at least 1 or 2 times a month.) :D

Craig.(Quote) Its not what you ride, but how well you can ride it. :)

When I posted low miles, I was thinking about 1,500 2ndly if I buy a KLR. and can still eat KTM's for breakfast, on it. I will tell you all the KLR is best, (at least 1 or 2 times a month.) :D

Craig.(Quote) Its not what you ride, but how well you can ride it. :D

truer words have never been spoken , Craig... you are SO right :(

unfortunately, I ride like a 13 year old :)

a stock KLR on a gnarly trail is NO fun, I assure you... re-work the suspenders, throw some knobbies on it, and try some minor weight reduction, and it can plod along anywhere, though...

and the freeway manners on the thing are much better than the XR (in my opinion)

beatingdeadhorsesu2.gif

:i-m_so_happy: :friends: how come every other thread is honda vs ktm. WTF??/ Get a life.

I drive a toyota truck for the same reasons craig rides a xrl. Its super reliable but thats about it. Briana drives a honda civic for the same reason. Neither are sporty, but they never let us down.

But dirtbikes are toys. I had 2 jap bikes, and honestly there is no comparison to the austrian bike I've got now. We both got the KTMs because we want to enjoy riding, not fight our bikes. They won't last as long as a 650L with 8:1 compression, but it sure is a hell of a lot more fun to ride. If I wanted a turd I'd go back to the good old XT600 or similarly heavy and underpowered jap bike.

now how about less of these meaningless posts and more awesome baja pics and all balls no brains type pics. Hey I even loved the pics from your 40$ weekend ride to Owells. Solo XR650L next to the phone booth, riding up heart attack hill. Thats the kind of material people really want from hammer. Not this bullshiit