Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

Will it fit?

I am doing a lot of dual sport with enough road to eat my rear tires and thought of getting another wheel so if I truck out to a single track or fairly technical ride with no road involved I could put a aggressive dirt only tire with a bigger rear sprocket the night before. I have a 2005 KTM 250 EXC waiting to be ridden (red sticker) or sold? Will the wheel fit on the 2008 KTM530? just a thought if not I will be in the market for a good used wheel for the 530. Then for dualsport I can use a DOT offroad tire with a harder compound so its life will be extended whatever that might be. I think I might end up with 1000 miles on this 606 I put on about a month ago, but at 800 miles it already is beyond what I think would be enough traction for a redondo ridge type trail. :lol:

Take a look at www.ktmtalk.com There is a botton at the top of the main page that says "Shop Online" which will take you to a parts microfiche database. It's a GREAT resource for questions like this, and they have some cool stuff for sale there too :lol:

I found that the '05 250 EXC and the '08 530 both are 18" and use the same rear axel, so it should work fine :) Just be careful about your sprocket sizes. The 250 may be bigger than the 530 (which will result in lower gearing).

or call all american in ramona thay should be able to tell you

Take a look at www.ktmtalk.com There is a botton at the top of the main page that says "Shop Online" which will take you to a parts microfiche database. It's a GREAT resource for questions like this, and they have some cool stuff for sale there too :P

I found that the '05 250 EXC and the '08 530 both are 18" and use the same rear axel, so it should work fine :P Just be careful about your sprocket sizes. The 250 may be bigger than the 530 (which will result in lower gearing).

Sorry have not been on for a few days now you are right it does fit

Thanks