Sign in to follow this  
Pollo

Otay ride Sunday

I'm doing my usual Dual sport to Otay around 9am or so. I'm going down the 805 to 905 to Alta rd to dirt. Then up and over North side to the lake, across to Thousand trails and up to the Otay truck trail, then left and down to a single track that leads out to Otay lakes rd. From there maybe Carveacre or home. Any takers or non-commited lurkers are welcome. The mountain by the lake is Black diamond.

The mountain by the lake is Black diamond.

I don't know that trail, so I'd like you to turn me on to it sometime soon.........got plans tomorrow.

Thanks,

The mountain by the lake is Black diamond.

I don't know that trail, so I'd like you to turn me on to it sometime soon.........got plans tomorrow.

Thanks,

OK. And just so you know, they have a sign posted (No Off road) on one side only. The 905 side. They do not post on the Lake side coming back. I have riden by the border patrol there coming down from the mountain and they wave hello. They don't care. When a trail is off limits they post on both sides. I suspect they only do it on the 905 side because of the severity of the trail and they don't want people hurt. There are 2 of them that come up there and merge. They are both steep and rocky. As long as I have the go ahead with the border patrol I ride it. There is another place on the east that was closed after the fires. Sycamore canyon. There is the same sign there. The Border patrol has personally told me I can ride there. Just stay on the marked roads