Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

July 4th Coastal Ride & Carfest for Carguy's B-Day

Carguy showed up bright and early at my house around 7:20am on the fourth. I opened the garage door and yelled, "gimme a minute, just got out of the shower"......it was DAMN early !! :o

Came out to the garage to see John, then had to find a mirror to put on the bike, since I broke off my left one couple weekends ago. Also mounted the tankbag, then we hit the road to get down to Pacific Beach to meet HondaPilot. We got there, and Schwinn was also there on his Harley.

We left Jon's place and headed to breakfast at the Eggery, facing the boardwalk in PB. We sat down outside, only to experience the first "crash" of the day. HondaPilot sat down in a green plastic chair.....I guess it had been out in the sun too long because the chair broke apart and he fell on his ass :oB):lol: Too bad nobody got their camera out quick enough. Luckily, it was the only crash of the day.

The manager came out all apologetic and asked if he was OK. I said, "we're gonna sue" :drinks::D

He offered to buy Jon breakfast, then Schwinn said, "only him?" So, the manager offered to buy us ALL breakfast. We didn't expect that, but took him up on it anyway. Had a great July 4th breakfast, tipped the waitress real nice since breakfast was free, then headed out to our bikes to start the ride up the coast.

L to R....Schwinn, Carguy & HondaPilot

326004920_nH7mb-L.jpg

After some relaxing riding along the coast, which was nice and cool due to some lingering fog, we stopped at the Torrey Pines Glider Port, with nothing to see due to the fog. Then we headed up the coast on Hwy. 1 to Solana Beach for some refreshments at Kraken, one of Schwinn's favorite hangouts......damn, he knew everyone there B)

L to R....Steve (Schwinn), Jon (HondaPilot) and birthday boy John (Carguy)....Carguy kept saying it was a special day for him, I didn't know the 4th was his B-day until at the bar....so, HAPPY FREAKIN' B-DAY to the old fart :ph34r::drinks:

326004994_7fiSc-L.jpg

I'm holding the camera takin' the pic.........I look like I'm half asleep, it wasn't because of my breakfast smoothie (bloody mary)

326005054_pipzp-L.jpg

Maddog Mike showed up on his 1200GS, then we continued on up Hwy. 1 and stopped in to see XR 650L Bum, who lives a few blocks from the beach. The bikes out front at Bum's house.......

326005153_bm7Ni-L.jpg

Here, 650 Bum's new pup is attacking my leg :o

326005218_afBHE-L.jpg

Now the pup is gnawing on Schwinn's leg.....Oh, the Agony !!

326005277_Shok3-L.jpg

Finally, he sat still for a second

326005535_JtUjp-L.jpg

Both Mikes posing....650 Bum (Mike) on left, Maddog Mike on right

326005610_oBwrK-L.jpg

Mike's 17 year old doggie

326005776_9BfkQ-L.jpg

Everyone in Mike's newly built garage, wondering why his Honda looks like it has just been ridden, but has been sitting there for months.....well, because last time Mike rode it, he hurt his shoulder pretty good on the Beach to River ride a few months ago, and his shoulder is still healing.

326005910_6STZr-L.jpg

After a brief visit (Mike was glad to see us), we posed out front before heading up the coast for the party....

L to R....Carguy, Maddog Mike, HondaPilot, Schwinn and XR650L Bum

326006051_wPHZe-L.jpg

Same crew, I'm on the right

326006140_24XKg-L.jpg

Whew B) after all this typing and posting pics, I need a brewski......be back soon to finish with more pics.

Didn't want to spend the 4th at home, so nice to get riding buddies on short notice.

I took a few pics.

Gettin Rad up early.

1-11.jpg

Then we met Honda Pilot & Schwinn in PB and headed out for breakfast.

2-11.jpg

You know how we all have the little devil and little angel on each shoulder.

We decided to eat outside and when Honda Pilot went to sit down the chair exploded, down he went.

Take a picture/offer a hand/take a picture/offer a hand/take a picture, well I offered a hand to my fallen friend. It was nice of him to cause the chair to self destruct because we all got FREE breakfast. :drinks:

San Deigo's finest herding the locals.

3-11.jpg

We parked right on the boardwalk.

4-9.jpg

55-1.jpg

Schwinn was giving us a tour of the coast, couple of new spots for me.

6-9.jpg

7-7.jpg

8-8.jpg

From here we went to the Kraken in Solana Beach, sorry no pics.

Then with Mad Mike joining we were off to XR650lbum's house.

Nice place, great kids and cool dogs.

9-8.jpg

Nice new garage

10-8.jpg

The crew less Rad

11-7.jpg

From here it is going to look like a carshow, kinda was and more.

So funny, "Those are dirt bikes, they have to park in the dirt. Only Harley's and Hot Rods on the concrete! Get them the hell out of here!"

12-7.jpg

And you can't park until you do a burnout.

Burnout!

Rad posing by the 40 Ford

13-5.jpg

14-4.jpg

Jon by the duce with the real fire.

15-3.jpg

16-3.jpg

17-4.jpg

18-2.jpg

19-2.jpg

Our host. :drinks:

20-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

22-2.jpg

And, well did not take alot of fireworks pics.

What a awesome day, let's do it again!

Thanks for stopping by. Nice to get visitors now and again. With all the badass's stopping by, people will look at me with in a different light now. Glad everyone made it home safe!

With all the badass's stopping by, people will look at me with in a different light now.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing ?! :o:ph34r::ph34r: