Sign in to follow this  
amgems

Mountain Madness Dual Sport

The Coconino Trail Riders in Flagstaff AZ are doing the dual sport ride again after a couple of years off. Really nice riding up there. I'll be there helping out. I hope to see some of my SDAR buds come out and ride in the trees.

https://fb.me/e/1OwfMKUei

https://coconinotrailriders.org/

Tickets
form.jotform.com/221635735208152

Yo Jim! My son and I did this ride a few years back when he was attending NAU. Great folks and great trails...single track, dual track and fire roads...saw three HUGE bull elk in front of us on a trail...even saw some BBTR folks up there...DO IT! 

I was at the planning meeting for this ride last night. I didn't realize the amount of work that goes into an event like this. It is incredible. Coconino Trail Riders have a super good relationship with the forest service, but it is still a lot of work. It's part of the AMA sanctioned Beta Dual sport series. If you enter you are automatically entered in a sweepstakes to win a new Beta. There will be a pretty cool big bike route with road book routing for the big adventure bike riders all the way to very tight technical single track, and everything in-between. I'll be riding sweep for either the B or C loop on Sunday. The weather up in Flagstaff is really nice this time of year. Highs about 75-80, Lows about 60. We've had a bunch of rain, so the dirt is perfect. Hope some of you guys can make it out.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 3:36 PM, amgems said:

I was at the planning meeting for this ride last night. I didn't realize the amount of work that goes into an event like this. It is incredible. 

Now you know how much work is involved when SDAR puts on an organized ride. We sometimes don't have enough volunteers.

Our Desert Dash probably won't happen again until we come back from South America in a couple years...IF we come back.