Sign in to follow this  
Joliet

Airport parking?

Hey all you world travelers. We finally get to go on a short vacation. We are flying out of San Diego and will be gone just over a week. I don't get to travel much so I have a couple of questions. Is it better to take a shuttle like cloud 9 from North County, or is it better to park in one of the lots or parking structures?

It will be the wife, daughter, and myself. I would appreciate your input. Thanks, :drinks: Ken

Hey all you world travelers. We finally get to go on a short vacation. We are flying out of San Diego and will be gone just over a week. I don't get to travel much so I have a couple of questions. Is it better to take a shuttle like cloud 9 from North County, or is it better to park in one of the lots or parking structures?

It will be the wife, daughter, and myself. I would appreciate your input. Thanks, :drinks: Ken

Ken,

When I travel on the government's dime, I park in the structures. You'll pay anywhere between 10 and 15 dollars per day depending on the location. Oh, and there is NO long term parking at the airport itself - it'll be VERRRRY expensive there - park off-site.

I have used the Coaster and bus to get to the airport (actually pretty easy - take it to the end, walk 1/2 a block and get on a city bus - drops you off at whatever terminal you want), but have always been dropped off at the stations. I think you can do long-term parking at the Oceanside station for free, but it says you have to get a pass if it's longer than 72 hours (not sure if there's a charge - it doesn't look like there is, but you may want to call and check). It's $12 per person (round trip) and a couple more for the bus transfer at the other end. Only disadvantage to that is if you have alot of crap to drag since you do have to walk 1/2 a block and get on a bus with it.

I think the shuttles wind up being kind of expensive, but probably pretty close to parking down there depending on how long you're gone.

Where ya going???

I've been using Park and Ride for ~20 years.......

http://www.pnf.com/sandiego/parkride/default.htm

Since you just had a birthday....Drive to my house get the shuttle/cab from here. I don't mind having your vehicle in front of my house for a week. Chances are good I won't be here. I'm 11 miles from Lindbergh. Shuttle for your family would be ~$30 each way.

Since you just had a birthday....Drive to my house get the shuttle/cab from here. I don't mind having your vehicle in front of my house for a week. Chances are good I won't be here. I'm 11 miles from Lindbergh. Shuttle for your family would be ~$30 each way.

Thanks, Jon. I may take you up on that. We are still looking at all the options. :drinks: Ken