Darn, I forgot my camera - no pics to post. Except for one mishap, our V-J Day ride was a success. We kept the noise and dust down in our tour of Potrero. I don’t think any of the residents even realized we were there. Potrero was too short. We kept riding East County. I got home around 10 p.m. Kaw'ee - how's your leg? I hope it's just sore.

Very nice ride. 2Wheels opened up another patch of county for me. I don't just ride to twist the throttle - like a lot of people I am curious and like to see and enjoy what's out there in San Diego's backyard. I really enjoyed it. Good find for the first leg!!

Kaw'ee's Oweee:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have another photo of Carguy and Kaw'ee doing the two-step (Carguy helping Kaw'ee get his land-legs back), but I'll save that for another time... :P

We certainly hope that man and bike recover fully and quickly. I think Kaw'ee was just trying trying to upstage my earlier wasp sting. :ph34r:

Kevin guided us up to Sunrise Highway on a fantastic night ride. The recent rains made ideal conditions (traction and dust management), and we all got to test out our headlamps and see where they really point when your bobbling over road features! :lol:

We had a good chat down in Pine Valley and got more educated on all the different bikes and options available. We agreed that there is no limit to money we could spend on the endless pursuit of motorcycle euphoria.

=====

2Wheels: Regarding our last task for the evening... looking at my GPS tracks this morning I see we were actually stopped just a few hundred yards from Carveacre Road. That would have put us closer to the 13 mile mark of Japatul Lyons Valley Road. Things sure look different at night... maybe it's time for a GPS screen I can read in the dark? :lol:

Another great ride until a rider went down.. So it was supposed to be a two or three hour ride?? Uhmm.. I got back home closer to 11 p.m. (that's why kawi wanted to bring all that stuff) It was fun as always, with a great group of riders.. :ph34r: I hope kawi is doing well, and reports to us how is his leg.. We all learned from that mishap...It happened to me on the jeep trail at Corral Canyon, when in a blind curve I encountered an incoming large 4 X 4 pick up with huge raised tires. I was going on the right side, so I put the bike down and slided under the truck with only some bruises and scratches (I was lucky). After that, I tended to be more cautious on blind curves, but with time I was starting to forget.. Hopefully we all learn from each other.. but, well, accidents do happen, no matter how cautious or how skilled we get... it is a reminder that we all enjoy this great and exciting sport, which does have its risks.. I'm just glad it was not more serious..It was interesting set up between two wheels with no tail lights and me with my light pointing up so I could not see much.. But that night ride was great! I'd like to do it again with good lighting.

It was a good ride, until we had a rider go down.

We met up at Potrero Cafe and waited for more takers

Posted Image

We even asked this guy if he wanted to tag along.

Posted Image

Some cool trails. Wow'ee, Kevin, Pyro & Sandiegoland. 2Wheels & Husky4me up front

Posted Image

Kevin in his usual form

Posted Image

Had to stop at the local watering hole for refreshments

Posted Image

Posted Image

Martin & Kevin cooling off after a warm afternoon ride

Posted Image

Our new host providing appetizers and entertainment

Posted Image

After food & fuel more trails that were tight after the days thunderstorms

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some mud puddles. I must have got water on the lense from here. :lol:

Posted Image

I was riding just behind Kevin and Dennis having a blast and decieded to stop to take the last pic. When I caught up this is what I saw.

Posted Image

Kevin went right and Dennis left. If I had not stopped for pics I would have been dead center.

Dennis asking someone to bring his bike so we can get on with the ride.

Posted Image

Well we got him back on the Kawe and I rode with him home and helped him into the house. There was some pain. Waiting for his responce. :ph34r:

Thanks 2Wheels for the new trails, looking foward to more :lol:

I had a great time on the ride(s)! Thanks to all , and especially to 2wheels and Kevin for the cool route(s). It's always especially fun to ride on new trails, and all the more fun to be out there with a good group. You guys are awsome! We rode some great trails through the blazing heat, and once it cooled down it was even better. The night riding up those trails and into the forest was hella fun, and I managed to avoid running over any trolls that come out to feed around those parts at night. The one mishap was a total bummer, and i bid you and your bike a speedy recovery kaw'ee. Give us a report on the situation if you see fit. You'll all be happy to know that I made it home with my front fender still intact. I put 4 new bolts in there with locktight this morning, so I wont be worrying about that for a while. I hope to see ya'll again soon.SDAR ROCKS FOREVER ! ! !LET'S RIDE ! ! !

Kaw'ee updateShattered Tibia. Have to wait for swelling to lessen to operate. :lol: E-mail me, I will update as I get'em. :ph34r:

Kaw'ee updateShattered Tibia. Have to wait for swelling to lessen to operate. :lol: E-mail me, I will update as I get'em. :ph34r:

:lol::P:P:(:( Heal well Kaw'ee...Thanks for the update Carguy...

Last Adventure of the Evening – Illegal Aliens on Lyons Valley Rd. After we stopped in Pine Valley for food and coffee, we took Japatul Valley Road towards 4 Corners near Lyons Peak. Somewhere near Carveacre Road, someone tried to signal us for help with a cigarette lighter. I didn’t even see them, but luckily for them, Sandiegoland did. It turned out that there were two of them. They were illegal aliens who had been wandering in the hills for 3 days and hadn’t eaten in 2 days. The only water they’d had was from Barrett Lake. They asked for water and we gave them some. When I asked them if they wanted us to call Immigration, they said yes; they’d had enough of wandering around in the hills. I pulled out my cell phone to call Border Patrol dispatch, but the Verizon guy hadn’t walked by that stretch of Lyons Valley Road asking: “Can you hear me now?” Husky4me had a Cingular phone that worked, and I was able to make the call. BP dispatch said they were sending an agent from the Hwy 94 Checkpoint. I gave our guests from Mexico a light stick so they wouldn’t have to signal with a cigarette lighter, and we continued on our way. At 4 Corners, Sandiegoland and Pyro took Skyline Truck Trail, and Kevin, Husky4me, and myself took Honey Springs. When we got to Hwy 94, we had a little powwow, and none of us saw a Border Patrol vehicle coming the other way on Honey Springs Road. So what happened? This afternoon, I called the Hwy 94 checkpoint (I got the number from BP dispatch), and guess who answered the phone… It was the same guy who had responded last night. He said he saw us going the other way on Honey Springs Road, and that the aliens were still there – waving him down with a Chem Lite. Did I give them a Chem Lite? Yeah, that was me. Thanks he said. That is all.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Kaw'ee update</span>Shattered Tibia. Have to wait for swelling to lessen to operate.

Have a quick recovery, Kaw'ee.

Here's 2-wheels with a big smile...

Posted Image

Dennis, I'm sorry to hear about your broken Tibia :lol: I did not know you had broken anything, since I saw you riding back home (you must have had much pain). Good luck with your recovery, hope you are back riding with us soon! :ph34r:

Damn, I missed another good ride !! Guess I gotta get my bike maintenance finished soon !!Dennis, bummer you broke your tibia. Heal well and quickly.I had dinner with Kevin and his wife, he told me about the exploring....great !! 2-Wheels, glad to hear you're a good tour-guide :ph34r:

Had a great time, the night riding was awesome. Sorry to hear about Kawi! Lets all ride safe, and we will be riding with Dennis again once her recovers!/ kEVIN

I'm bummed I missed the ride. Just couldn't get off the ship in time to get to the meeting place. Also bummed to hear about Kaw'ee's missfortune. If you read this Kaw'ee, and are feeling down about what happened to you, let me relate a story about a similar accident I happend upon a few years ago near Lake Marina. I arrive on the scene about 10 minutes after it happened. A guy on a CR 500 was going hell bent for leather around a blind corner and found himself heading straight for the front of an old ford bronco. He slid sideways with the back tire locked and clipped the corner of the bronco. His leg was between the bumper and bike. He was thrown into the thick brush at the side of the road and was laying there in shock as the occupants of the bronco, with horor on their faces, warned me not to go over there. I did anyway, as I have some first aid knowledge. There he was with a face full of thorns and a leg that was only attached by about an inch of pant leg and skin. He was concious enough to tell me he had a cell phone in his pocket. It was smashed but after some splicing wires I got it to work and called 911. I applied a tournaquet and tried to make him comfortable while we waited for the fire department to arrive. I told the 911 operator that they would need a helicopter to get him out as we were a long bumpy ride from any paved road. He was unconcious by the time they flew him out but he lived and they were able to reattach his leg.So, I hope this makes you feel a little better about a broken bone. Could have been a whole lot worse.Andy

jesus you're killing me Woody! THAT'S IT ! ! I'm selling my KLR tomorrow, wanna buy it? Shes cherry. I'm never going riding again! and I MEAN NEVER ! ! ! Well maybe just one more time . . . well, sorry, I have to keep the bike for another week . . or maybe just one more month . . or maybe just about F O R E V E R---->and---->B E Y O N D-----> ! ! ! ! :-) Man stories like that really take the wind out of my sails, for the short moments that my mind will allow me to dwell on it. Let's face it: The fact that it is dangerous is part of the reason why it's so fun. It seems rediculous, but I think that it is true, atleast for me. Let's all continue to remind ourselves that it is impossible to be too careful, just like it is impossible to stop enjoying one of the funnest sports in the world! Did any of ya'll hear the guy who was driving the pick-up that afternoon. I remember him saying to us before he left - "you guys be careful, my best friend died out here on a bike doing the same thing you're doing". A sobering statement for sure, and another reminder that it could have been much much worse.KAW'EE, I'm sorry to hear the news. . . Have a very speedy recovery amigo. We are all rooting for you, and we're looking forward to the day that you jump back on that mean green machine of yours and flip through those gears. That day will be here before you know it man!

...He was thrown into the thick brush at the side of the road and was laying there in shock as the occupants of the bronco, with horor on their faces, warned me not to go over there...

Warned you not to go there?!? Ridiculous!!!!! :P:o:P:ph34r::lol:

Good thing you were on the scene! :o

I second you Pyro... We enjoy a dangerous sport, and sometimes part of the fun is the adrenaline that comes with riding.. If we look at the pros statistics, there's lots of broken bones, and won't mention the rest... My thinking is that life is too short, we are going to die anyway, and we should do what we enjoy... On the other hand, at my age, I try to have a balance of riding fun, with the least risk possible. I do this by tring not to do things that are above my skill level, and always be cautious or learn from others.. I have always worry about the jeep trails and blind corners because I also had a close call, although I did not break anything.. I see kids riding with their parents in Corral Canyon, and suddenly see lifted SUV's coming supper fast. After I had that close call, I always tried to stay on the right and was extra careful.. but I have to admit that it has been sometime, and I was starting to forget.. Kevin and Kawi, and possibly carguy are the fastest riders in our group (from recent rides). On this ride, after I passed smart cautious 2-wheels, I got into competition mode and was trying to lead Kawi and Kevin on that same ride.. Let's face it, I love the adrenaline of racing, that is why I love my Husky which is super competitive in that respect (very short tranny 50 hp). By the time we were on that section I was going slow because I was taking some pictures.. So, I guess I was lucky I was not racing Kawi and Carguy and Kevin during that section. In sum, yes I love this sport, love motorcycles and racing! No, I don't enjoy pain and the long recovery once you hurt a joint or bone, shoulder (I had shoulder pain for one year after a fall at Corral Canyon). So, I hope I learn from this episode and try to be extra carful on those blind corners, because I rather fall than collide with a truck. and get in trouble.. so occasionally we need to stop and reflect on our riding..Anyway Kawi, I wish you a speedy recovery, and I think you are going to join us later on for more exciting dual-sport fun with SDAR... although if you are in pain right now you may be thinking no more of this (like a mom who just delivered her baby but then has three more).. :ph34r:

jesus THAT'S IT ! ! I'm selling my KLR tomorrow, wanna buy it?

PYRO... Dont need the whole bike, but how much you want for the gas tank, air box and right side cover.???

Crash was a little more serious than i thought, just got home last light from hospital,they were keeping a eye on the massive swelling ,for a couple of days and cant opperate till swelling gos down.. next week sometime ,yep shattered tibia just below knee shelf, there chuckin in some plates and screews ,, they sent me home with 150 percocets and 150 vicodin, So what do i care.!!!! can t really even focus on screen right now.. anyhooo, great riding with D' land and Pyro,, new riders allways make for a fun ride, and of course to now i guess what i can call the regulars...ANOTHER GREAT RIDE...

since i wont be saddling up anytime soon, i'll have to live out my bike fantasy thru you alls ......

So post like crazy, lots of pic's, even if its just a ride down to the store for milk..

Posted Image

kAW'EE , On the couch.

Dennis, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. I will keep and eye out for the parts you need to repair your bike. As for everything else, if you ride, sooner or later, SH*T happens. Still better than sitting in front of TV watching "Leave It To Beaver" Reruns! Or in Randy's situation, "Opra" Get well soon!/Kev

Kaw'ee, glad to hear from you and glad to hear you're "okay". Get all healed up soon.

Kawe.. I'm also very glad to hear from you... I hope you have an opportunity to relax and get better soon, so that we can keep on riding!! Hey, we need to find out what's the best way to deal with blind corner's sudden upcoming trucks?? You think we can put like a fly botton on our motorcyels to jump over?? :ph34r: Anyway, take care and take it easy...

Sorry to hear you had a "get-off" Kaw'ee. Here is a good online video for you to watch:

Enduro Video

You can probably relate to some of the guys in the video riding away on your bike all broken up. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sorry I'm late, but I had a date with some plates,

But I have some amazing news........just before we got ready to head out on our VJ day ride I was in the bathroom hanging onto my junk, when i thought of kevin,,,

and no not like that,, It dawned on me Kevin was drinking a soda pop !!! So I zipped it up an ran out of there while lock an loading my trusty dispo' cam, and snaped off a S.D.A.R. first...Yahoo for Mountian Dew..

........KEVIN has decided not drink anymore....

Posted Image

But at the first 8.6 mile break.

.........KEVIN also has decided not to drink any less....

Posted Image

I wasnt really sure where we were going at this point, heading towards Lake Morena on a shortcut that 2wheels had done before,,as long as someone is willing to lead, I just like to jump in line and follow,, I decided to follow the newbee, Pryo because he was riding one of the neatest looking bike i've ever seen, I think it was a KLR650...

Posted Image

Stoped here to get this shot of Lake Morena dam , here, looking up from the bottom, thats it in between the two big mountain range's

Posted Image

After dirt squrittin around down in the canyon below, and carguy trying to earn a little extra rent money,,and after Kevin's spa treatment, we headed up and out of there to lake morena to re-fuel at the local businesses,

Action photo of D' land and thats not my camera thats blurry, thats how fast we were going..yes 55mph.

Posted Image

Here's a group shot at the re-fueling station,

Posted Image

for those of you still trying to put names and faces together,starting far left,

huskey4me (martin) carguy (john) KEVIN (kevin) blueshirt at bar, San Diegoland (craig) yellow shirt, sorry about the back shots , but the beer an onion rings were on the counter,, 2Wheels ( hummm) PYRO ( troy)

Heading out for the second half of our ride We hit a shortcut over to la posta truck trail, and yet another action shot of kevin while we were going about 40 mph or so , seconds before impact !

Posted Image

WHEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN THIS GUY IN A TRUCK THINKS HES ALLOWED TO STAY ON HIS SIDE OF THE ROAD...

Posted Image

So i decided to shatter his right turn siginal with my tibia, just to teach him a lesson...

but really totally 100% my fault , going a little fast into a right hand turn, and had been racing it up all day with carguy and pryo earley in the day, and was hammin around with kevin just seconds before i kissed the truck...

all plates and screws in place, full ankle to hip leg brace , three mounths of no weight bearing on leg,

obivously this will be my last post for a while...

hope most of you's are still members and still riding when i get up an runnin..

..............................................kaw'ee....................................................

Posted Image

Kaw'ee - glad to hear the operation was a success and you're on the road to recovery.

Keep those pics coming in Kaw'ees Corner.