Sign in to follow this  
DigDug

Big Bear Dualsport Ride Pre-Run

That's where I got the 85 from the first time, but I seem to remember that 95 was closer to reality(based on my rapidly fading memory from the ride last year :lol: ). Could be that there are a few miles of curves and bends between the track points. We'll see tomorrow...

Thanks for the head's up.

Are you still planning on the easy ways for this year's actual event? We ran into the guys creating the GPS tracks when we were up there a couple weeks ago. Sounds like a pretty good loop this year - ya gotta do the hardways with me - they lead you over some really cool trails up there!!!

Yep, see my amended post......filtering must've straightened out/shortened the tracks (or the roll chart is hosed up a bit)

I'm planning on riding with my friend Marc and starting around 7-7:30 to let all the "Hammer Heads" get out in front of us.....figure I'll ask Jim/Miguel/Frank/Gil when I check in which hardways are not to be missed and which are just a grind......then we'll probably piece meal a route together in the morning that's a combo of Easy/Hardways since they weave in and out of each other.....stop for a real lunch......and probably stick with the easy ways exclusively in the afternoon.....but who knows.....no agenda.....we'll just see how we feel/progress as the day unfolds......

I'm planning on riding with my friend Marc and starting around 7-7:30 to let all the "Hammer Heads" get out in front of us.....figure I'll ask Jim/Miguel/Frank/Gil when I check in which hardways are not to be missed and which are just a grind......then we'll probably piece meal a route together in the morning that's a combo of Easy/Hardways since they weave in and out of each other.....stop for a real lunch......and probably stick with the easy ways exclusively in the afternoon.....but who knows.....no agenda.....we'll just see how we feel/progress as the day unfolds......

That sounds like a solid idea Chris. Mind if I join you guys?

That sounds like a solid idea Chris. Mind if I join you guys?

Sure, a group of 3-4 is fine since we're not chasing a plaque......anything bigger than that gets be be too much of a time drag on the Sat ride.......the Sunday ride is a different story.....

Okey Dokey...

I've got new shoes on the 450 and the rollchart and GPS are loaded/ready to go. I did notice while loading the rollchart that the loop is actually 95 miles, not 85 like I mentioned earlier. Not sure if that affects anyone - but just wanted to give a heads up in case you want to pack some MSR bottles... I made it on my 450EXC with the Clarke 3.2 gallon tank last year.

Hmm, not sure how the Husky will do. I have a 3.2 gal tank on it to, but the 510 really sucks gas.

I've got a 32 0z MSR bottle but I think I'll keep my fingers crossed and try it without it.

Also, just talked to John Turk. He is checking with his wife but expects to be able to ride up with me and join us.

He finished the hard way in '06.

Daryl

Okey Dokey...

I've got new shoes on the 450 and the rollchart and GPS are loaded/ready to go. I did notice while loading the rollchart that the loop is actually 95 miles, not 85 like I mentioned earlier. Not sure if that affects anyone - but just wanted to give a heads up in case you want to pack some MSR bottles... I made it on my 450EXC with the Clarke 3.2 gallon tank last year.

Hmm, not sure how the Husky will do. I have a 3.2 gal tank on it to, but the 510 really sucks gas.

I've got a 32 0z MSR bottle but I think I'll keep my fingers crossed and try it without it.

Also, just talked to John Turk. He is checking with his wife but expects to be able to ride up with me and join us.

He finished the hard way in '06.

Daryl

Hopefully you'll be fine... just have to take it easy on the throttle hand - it really extends the range althoug I'd bring the MSR bottle just in case if you can fit it in your pack...

I'm not totally sure what the best place to stage is up there. I was going to drive by the convention center (where the official event starts), then start following the GPS track until we got to the first difficult section of dirt and park there (that would also save some miles on the bikes' fuel tanks) to pick up the track. If your buddy wants to meet us at the convention center he can follow us to wherever we stage from.

Just heard from John, no hall pass for him - so I'll have one space open in my Truck (F-250).

My pack will hold two MSR bottles OK. I ride with them when I'm on the trials bike. I guess I'll bring them along.

I've also got a pair of GMRS radios, plus my dual band HT ham radio that I'll be bringing along.

Just heard from John, no hall pass for him - so I'll have one space open in my Truck (F-250).

My pack will hold two MSR bottles OK. I ride with them when I'm on the trials bike. I guess I'll bring them along.

I've also got a pair of GMRS radios, plus my dual band HT ham radio that I'll be bringing along.

I'm still intersted in saving a little diesel for the trip up... I don't mind driving - either way is fine with me, I've got a Silverado 2500 diesel that gets 18-20mpg and can haul 2 comfortably or three packed in(which really wouldn't be too bad since it's a 4-door). We can figure it out in the morning when everyone shows. I'm going to try and be at the P-N-R at 6:45am so we can shoot for a 7am departure.

Okay... so we have:

DigDug

Ste63

papaalex

darylhunter

spaugh

Did I miss anyone?

Good group of 5 - just about perfect for a ride like this...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I would show up, if I get to roost John Turk. ;):)

You guys told me he couldn't even climb Heart Atack Hill. :D;):D

He used to talk alot of smack at bike night. :D

I would show up, if I get to roost John Turk. :):D

You guys told me he couldn't even climb Heart Atack Hill. :D;):D

He used to talk alot of smack at bike night. ;)

I think that he would have done it on the 2nd try, but didn't want to hold up the jeeps that were ready to come down the trail.

I don't ever recall him talking smack at bike night :D

He is a good rider, who finished the BB ride and got a plack in '06, and he's never hit anyone on any of our rides :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I would show up, if I get to roost John Turk. :):D

You guys told me he couldn't even climb Heart Atack Hill. ;):D:D

He used to talk alot of smack at bike night. :D

I think that he would have done it on the 2nd try, but didn't want to hold up the jeeps that were ready to come down the trail.

It only takes about 4 seconds to climb that hill. I would wait 4 seconds. ;):D

and that hill is easy :D there is no reason to not make it.

If you slam on the breaks on the 5 freway you will probably get hit.

Doug finaly started leading at a faster pace, (I was finaly haveing some fun) I guess he got scared and slamed on the brakes because he didnt think he could make an easy turn. (Well thats what he told me!)

Hey leave Doug out of it. He's a realy nice guy.

The guys I usualy ride with would tell me they were sorry for makeing me crash. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

[

He is a good rider, who finished the BB ride and got a plack in '06, and he's never hit anyone on any of our rides ;)

I think the BB ride must be REALY easy, or he cheated. ;)

hey Digdug I'm not going to make it. I was going to ride with Alex, but I just cant' be gone for 12 hours tomorrow. I've got Briana's mom coming in the afternoon. Have fun.

Enjoy the ride and don't mind the noise coming from the web rider... blah blah easy hill, blah blah, slow, blah blah.. whatever....

hey Digdug I'm not going to make it. I was going to ride with Alex, but I just cant' be gone for 12 hours tomorrow. I've got Briana's mom coming in the afternoon. Have fun.

No problem... we'll catch ya next time around.

I'm loaded up and ready to roll... See the rest of you guys at the rally point around 6:45...

I think the BB ride must be REALY easy, or he cheated. :D

Not this crap again......Hammer Head, we all know who you consider to be the BEST rider in the club.....all we have to do is ask you :D .....strike that, you tell us about your "bad-self" daily/weekly :D

Just for the record, John is an excellent rider :D ......whereas, if you really stop and think about it, a Hammer is really nothing more than a "tool" ;):D

Who really gives a sh*t HOW anyone rides anyway?? ;) ......not me :) ......the club is about people who ENJOYING RIDING :D , NOT what type of bike they ride or how they ride :D

Rant off - I'm sure the gang will have a blast in Big Bear today......

Ham Head - Back to the water for you :D

KilgoreSurforFight.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Just for the record, John is an excellent rider ;) .

I guess that is why it would be meaningful to roost him. If he cant make it up H.A. he can't be that good! :D:D;):D

The guys I ride with say (quote)(That hill is so easy it does't deserve a name.) Can you picture this guy launching off the top of H.A and landing half way down. I saw him do it the day before the Desert Dash. This is what I call an exelent rider.

Bring it, Crawdad and friends. lets rock! :)

Hammer.

post-465-1212298415_thumb.jpg

post-465-1212299146_thumb.jpg