Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Monday June 2

Paul- I have to drop the kids off at school, so will drive the truck to 4 corners...you're Euro?

Jeff- your tires will be fine for what we have planned

Jon- assuming I will be there, I will lead the ride... you can't get lost at Corral... you CAN, however, get caught in a mudslide if you ride there after a heavy rain... DAMHIK

Port- You still going?

I am not sure how I will be after the marathon on Sunday but I have run several 18 and 21 milers over the last 6 months in preparation and did not feel too bad the next day. I am hoping I will be ready but theres a chance I could flake out. I want to go but just depends on how I will feel. I will make my final decision around 6 pm Sunday and let you guys know. If I can make it, maybe I can ride out from Clairemont with Hondapilot who lives according to yahoo map 1.48 miles from my new house on Chickasaw at the beginning of Tecolote Canyon. Thanks for the tip, hp, about not quoting my messages; wasn't sure about that. Hp, as far as the secret pills it remains to be seen if I'll be able to make it. ;) After 6pm Sunday I will be without internet until they hook it up at my new house next Wednesday. Port

post-4447-1212258771_thumb.jpg

I'll finalize plans Sunday after I run the marathon. Will not have internet until following Wednesday as I just moved into new house in Clairemont.

Port,

You're going to run a marathon on Sunday and then hurl your 350+ pound motorcycle around on dirt roads and trails on Monday? What are you taking and where can I get some when I retire? (~30 years from now)

I live on Mt Armet overlooking Tecolote Canyon. Where's your new place?

Oh and you don't need to quote yourself. It makes it a little difficult to read.

4774 Chickasaw

I'm reconsidering the sumo tires. I'll probably put the dirt stuff on...

I just got word from bikeslut that he will be unable to ride on Monday. We're going to reschedule for Tuesday June 3. Same plans.

I apologize on slut's behalf to anybody that can't make it on Tues that was in for Monday. Maybe we'll see you on the next ride.

I just got word from bikeslut that he will be unable to ride on Monday. We're going to reschedule for Tuesday June 3. Same plans.

I apologize on slut's behalf to anybody that can't make it on Tues that was in for Monday. Maybe we'll see you on the next ride.

My apologies I won't be able to make it on Tuesday. See next you guys next time. Ran marathon today and it kicked my ass at mile 22! Cramped up big time but did finish it in just over 5 hours. Port

I'll be ready to ride on Tuesday. It now sounds as though Bikeslut may not be riding on tuesday either. Not sure what to do. I'm open to ideas. My entire week is open if Wednesday or Thursday would be better for anyone else.

I'll be ready to ride on Tuesday. It now sounds as though Bikeslut may not be riding on tuesday either. Not sure what to do. I'm open to ideas. My entire week is open if Wednesday or Thursday would be better for anyone else.

I'd like to go and any of those days are fine with me.

Bikeslut is definetely out for tomorrow. What about you Roostin, you in?

I will call you, but the tire didn't make it today but will be here tommorow I have the bike torn down for cleaning and going to have dirtdame do a few things for me hopefully tommorow , cooling fan kit and tire so Wednesday should work for me but have to back by 4:30pm :lol:

Wednesday should work for me but have to back by 4:30pm :lol:

Wednesday fairly early works for me.

Maybe meet up at the Pine Valley exit at 8 or 8:30?

OK TUESDAY RIDE IS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Let's do Wednesday, but I'd prefer to ride more of Corral Canyon than Pine/Bear Valley. It takes so long to get to and from Pine Valley to CC I think I'd like to meet at 4 Corners and ride Corral Canyon and then ride out Kernan to Bear Valley and Westward on I-8 for home. But I'm riding out there, you guys may be trucking it.

Opinions?

Jeff if you're riding we could meet somewhere along the way.

I'll be trucking up. That's why I'd prefer a Pine Valley start. I doubt my car will make it up to 4 corners with the bike on the back.

If we're not meeting too early, I could park at Pine Valley then ride up to meet you at 4 corners.

OK TUESDAY RIDE IS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Let's do Wednesday, but I'd prefer to ride more of Corral Canyon than Pine/Bear Valley. It takes so long to get to and from Pine Valley to CC I think I'd like to meet at 4 Corners and ride Corral Canyon and then ride out Kernan to Bear Valley and Westward on I-8 for home. But I'm riding out there, you guys may be trucking it.

Opinions?

Jeff if you're riding we could meet somewhere along the way.

OK I am not sure which way you will be going I have never riden there before?

How bout we gather up at the Kernan Cycle Trail and Morena Stokes Rd. intersection right next to SDAR's adopt a trail sign.

830 ok with yous guys?

Jeff, I'll be riding out from my house on I-15 then I-8 to Buckman Springs Rd. Morena Stokes Rd is roughly 5 miles South on Buckman Springs Rd. If you take the way Google and MSN maps says, you'll meet the 8 at Lake Jennings Park Rd. Just south of I-8 is a plaza on Old Highway 80. I'll meet ya there. say 745

Sorry for yankin everybody around...everything was looking so good...new tires, unobstructed airbox...then the wife gets called out of town...then the babysitter can't do Mon, then I wrenched my back, and two nights ago I caught the flu...whiskey Tango Foxtrot?.

You guys have a good ride...

Slut out

How bout we gather up at the Kernan Cycle Trail and Morena Stokes Rd. intersection right next to SDAR's adopt a trail sign.

830 ok with yous guys?

Jeff, I'll be riding out from my house on I-15 then I-8 to Buckman Springs Rd. Morena Stokes Rd is roughly 5 miles South on Buckman Springs Rd. If you take the way Google and MSN maps says, you'll meet the 8 at Lake Jennings Park Rd. Just south of I-8 is a plaza on Old Highway 80. I'll meet ya there. say 745

[/quote

Jon, I am going to carpool with Dirtdame and we will meet you there at 7:45 or 8:30 at trailhead or whereever we are going to park and unload?

I plan to truck it up to Pine Valley by 8, then ride down the road to the trailhead by 8:30.

If anyone wants to meet up at the Pine Valley exit, that would be great. Otherwise I'll do it on my own.

I'd like to take the dirt route on the way back.

mikey, I've never timed myself but felt that it takes the better part of an hour to ride from Pine Valley to Corral Canyon. One reason I don't want to do it again tomorrow, it could be the rocky mess that the trails/roads are, but I will ride out that way with you.

I just talked to Roostingu and he and dirtdame will be at the SDAR sign at 830. I'll see you all there.

Laters

mikey, I've never timed myself but felt that it takes the better part of an hour to ride from Pine Valley to Corral Canyon.

Not knowing how long that section will take is why I'm going to take the road in the morning and only try the dirt route on the way back.

I see it now.

I'll try to meet you at the Pine Valley exit by 8. If I'm not there I'll catch up by Corral.

I got marred in hawaii with 25 guest and it took less planing then it takes 4 of you to go for a ride

well I hope you spelled "married" "planning" and "guests" correctly in your "who's getting married..." post

let's ride Monday