Sign in to follow this  
Zubb

Was it you?

Just spent the weekend skiing at Mammoth, and HOLY COW! there were a ton of loaded ADV bikes on the road into / out of / all around the Mojave Death Valley area!

It seemed like we were in the dead middle of full on moto tourist season.  Sure made me want to trade the ski's for the bike and camp gear.

Were all of you guys and gals out riding and camping DV this weekend?

So what's the snowpack look like around Mammoth? Thinking of riding trails up there early May. In a heavy snowpack year that probably wouldn't be possible but I hear the snow is pretty light in the surrounding mountains?

The old, the original, Dan Diego was there was a few guys...

And I think there was some adventure ride tour thing too....I don't much dig those so don't pay much attention to them.

5 hours ago, PbdBlue said:

So what's the snowpack look like around Mammoth? Thinking of riding trails up there early May. In a heavy snowpack year that probably wouldn't be possible but I hear the snow is pretty light in the surrounding mountains?

surprisingly light.

However . . . . . . . . it's almost spring.  Beware the 10 foot storm.  Or two.  Or three.  Sierra's are famous for massive spring dumps.  As you know.

29 minutes ago, Oracle said:

The old, the original, Dan Diego was there was a few guys...

And I think there was some adventure ride tour thing too....I don't much dig those so don't pay much attention to them.

Yeh I know Diego was lurking with a few other convicts.  But there was a plethora of bikes and riders.  I think that the Noobs Ralley is next week, not last week.  Not sure though as I'm not doin' it.

4 minutes ago, Zubb said:

surprisingly light.

However . . . . . . . . it's almost spring.  Beware the 10 foot storm.  Or two.  Or three.  Sierra's are famous for massive spring dumps.  As you know.

Yep. Snow there tomorrow but only a few inches expected.