Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Nice dirt in the high desert 12/08/19

I hardly ever get out in the dirt on my dedicated trail bikes anymore, so I decided to head out  to McCain on Sunday.  The weather was great, partly sunny, sometimes a bit of rain....the dirt was very nice from the recent heavier storms.  Some of the trails had some serious wash outs in places on them.  As usual, not many people out on the trails.  I was pretty out of shape, but managed t o put in some good miles without any crashes.  I find my WR 300 sort of annoyingly perky off the bottom for the first time in the 8 years that I have owned and ridden it.  I guess I can chalk that up to lack of regular trips out to the trails on it and of course....I'm not getting any younger, and so my reflexes and depth perception are not what they used to be....even last year.  I ordered a throttle tamer for the bike, as soon as I got home from my ride.  I still have my WR 125, but it's as tall or taller than the 300.  Probably not long before I sell those two and get myself something more age appropriate, like a Beta Xtrainer....something that I can touch the ground on, and don't have to kick start. 

Probably, if I rode more regularly like I used to, it would pretty much all come back to me.  Maybe....maybe not.

Color coordinated machine matching the local flora at this time of year.

49190865182_f80782545e_o1.jpg

A break in the clouds, one of many during the course of the day, along with a few showers too.

49190669766_bf14a6d233_o.jpg

• Like 3