paulmbowers

XC4 fuel pumps- what I've discovered

Because some applications use 3 bar. The Ktm exc’s are not one of them. Man these guys are screwed up.

Apparently CA-Cycle sells the correct one.

http://ca-cycleworks.com/fpr35x

That lower pressure will really screw with the fuel mapping especially since the bike uses an open loop fuel system. I should be receiving my unusable fuel screens in a day or two so I'm about to join you in dealing with HFP. I can hardly wait!

While on the subject of fuel systems here's an interesting find. The quick disconnect that KTM uses is made by Colder Products. The KTM part retails for ~$56. Same fitting is available from Fresh Water Systems for $6.59. These both are equipped with the optional Viton seals which have better resistance to gasoline, ethanol, etc. than the standard Buna seals. Not sure what KTM specs for seals but I suspect Viton as well. 

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/plcd17005vb-valved-in-line-hose-barb-black-coupling-body-5-16-id-barb-viton-o-ring

They also have a metal version for $22.75 if you want to upgrade from the stock plastic fitting. 

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/lcd17005v-valved-in-line-hose-barb-coupling-body-5-16-id-barb-fkm-viton-o-ring

IMG_8950.jpg

So my buddy ordered the screens and of course got the same one we did. Then through an email exchange they let him know that they now have the correct screen and would he like to exchange them. They arrived yesterday. The ones on the left are the new ones and the right is one of the original ones they sent. Looks promising. I need to call them tomorrow and figure out how to order them. The website still shows the old style.

IMG_0199.jpeg

1 minute ago, PbdBlue said:

So my buddy ordered the screens and of course got the same one we did. Then through an email exchange they let hom know that they now have the correct screen and we he like to exchange them. They arrived yesterday. The ones on the left are the new ones and the right is one of the original ones they sent. Looks promising. I need to call them tomorow and figure out how to order them. The website still shows the old style.

IMG_0199.jpeg

Looks like a step in the right direction. I'd be interested to know if the screen diameter has been changed to match the stock measurements, which would allow for simply replacing the screen, not requiring changing the flange as well. Changing the screen is an easy pop-off, pop-on job- changing the flange involves dealing with that star/washer/retainer thing, which is a pain.