Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

GPSXchange.com

Hey, if you're a GPS user and you haven't joined GPSXchange.com you oughta do so.....pronto......I've been a member of GPSXchange for quite some time and I know SanDiegoland has been too.....really good resource to go to when you're hunting for tracks to ride/hike/bike........worldwide

Go HERE to sign up.....MEMBERSHIP IS FREE.....

Excerpt taken from main site index:

Motorcycle - DualSport

California - Due to the number of tracks from California, California has it's own separate section.

West - North America

US: Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado., and Hawaii. Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Canada: Vancouver, British Columbia, and Calgary

East - North America

US: Maine, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, Delaware, Maryland, Washington DC, Virgina, and West Virginia. Canada: Toronto, Ontario, and Quebec. US Provinces: Puerto Rico

Central - North America

US: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Texas

Mexico / Baja - So many Mexico / Baja tracks that a special section has been created.

Central - South America For all the Central and South America countries

Europe All European countries

Africa - Middle East - Asia - South Pacific All logs from Africa, Middle East, Asia and South Pacific

Private Libraries

Countdown - Mainly CA and NV - Motorcycle/Dualsport

This is the Countdown unrestricted library. ANY registered member can download these tracks with out the restriction of first posting a track. Only Countdown can post tracks to this library. You can PM Countdown any comments or post public comments in the Discussion section. If you would like to have your own personal library created, contact Christian at GPSXchange. The reason for this new option is that some members are happy to share their tracks with members who may not be comfortable posting their own tracks.

Chris,

Joined yesterday after finally figuring how to cleanup and post a track from Mapsource. I will be looking forward to sourcing Jerry Counts routes.

PS, Saving txt or gpx files in the file description title (not the actual filename) as gdb or gpx was a resolution.

Thanks for all your contributions,

Dave

I just got back from Bishop where we rode most of Counts trails. There is still a lot of snow on Coyote Flats and Crooked Creek is not open yet. For you heros the trail down Poleta Cyn. is 18" wide on the side of a very BIG mountain with lots of exciting exposure, first gear was to jerky and second was to high, major pucker factor there. A good idea is to get the trail maps from Golden State Cycle in Bishop as there is a lot of riding around Owens Valley not on the Countdown site. We also rode the Buttermilk loop out of Bishop which starts out boring but as you climb towards the Sierras just gets gooder and gooder. The Casa Diablo loop is a very fast 80 mile ride thats not as challenging as the site claims but does have some bitchen sections that are similar to Baja. The Swansea road to the salt tram out of Lone Pine is a great ride. AT Cerro Gordo you can go over Cerro Gordo Peak and down the east side but I wouldn't take anyone who doesn't have very advanced skills it's similar to the Poleta trail, you're gonna pay a high price for a mistake. If you go to Lone Pine eat at the Alabama Hills Cafe, great breakfast and lunch.

I just got back from Bishop where we rode most of Counts trails. There is still a lot of snow on Coyote Flats and Crooked Creek is not open yet. For you heros the trail down Poleta Cyn. is 18" wide on the side of a very BIG mountain with lots of exciting exposure, first gear was to jerky and second was to high, major pucker factor there. A good idea is to get the trail maps from Golden State Cycle in Bishop as there is a lot of riding around Owens Valley not on the Countdown site. We also rode the Buttermilk loop out of Bishop which starts out boring but as you climb towards the Sierras just gets gooder and gooder. The Casa Diablo loop is a very fast 80 mile ride thats not as challenging as the site claims but does have some bitchen sections that are similar to Baja. The Swansea road to the salt tram out of Lone Pine is a great ride. AT Cerro Gordo you can go over Cerro Gordo Peak and down the east side but I wouldn't take anyone who doesn't have very advanced skills it's similar to the Poleta trail, you're gonna pay a high price for a mistake. If you go to Lone Pine eat at the Alabama Hills Cafe, great breakfast and lunch.

Hey Bill... anything you can compare these "very advanced" trails to? Like, just as an example... alessandro "up" plus 20% difficulty and 100% more danger should you fall (I could see falling on Alessandro, but didn't really see a serious injury...

Up until last week, I had never ridden that trail, and am still trying to figure out ratings that make sense to people... I've ridden with you, and consider you a very good rider, but I have never seen you "near your limits"... so when you say "very advanced" I am likely to stay away

The Swansea road to the salt tram out of Lone Pine is a great ride. AT Cerro Gordo you can go over Cerro Gordo Peak and down the east side but I wouldn't take anyone who doesn't have very advanced skills it's similar to the Poleta trail, you're gonna pay a high price for a mistake. If you go to Lone Pine eat at the Alabama Hills Cafe, great breakfast and lunch.

Were you able to make it all the way up to Burgess Cabin/Salt Tram without being blocked out by snow?

YEA, THAT WHOLE AREA IS OPEN, NO SNOW. BIKESLUT THE POLETA TRAIL IS LIKE THE NORTH KERNAN ONLY NO BRUSH, A MUCH STEEPER HILLSIDE (MOUNTAIN) AND THE TRAIL IS VERY NARROW. I'VE GOT A BAD CASE OF ACROPHOBIA AND IT WAS ACTING UP SOMETHING TERRIBLE THAT DAY. I THINK YOU, ON YOUR 400, WILL RIDE IT JUST FINE. HEY THERE WERE MOUNTAIN BIKE TRACKS ON IT LAST SUN. THE OTHER WAY OUT OF BLACK CANYON IS PRETTY TECHNICLE ALSO. IF THE PICTURES TURN OUT I'LL POST SOME. CHRIS RODE THE EAST SIDE OF CERRO GORDO LAST YEAR AND I COULD HEAR HIM SCREAMING, F. U. BILL, 6 BIKES BACK.

BILL

YEA, THAT WHOLE AREA IS OPEN, NO SNOW. BIKESLUT THE POLETA TRAIL IS LIKE THE NORTH KERNAN ONLY NO BRUSH, A MUCH STEEPER HILLSIDE (MOUNTAIN) AND THE TRAIL IS VERY NARROW. I'VE GOT A BAD CASE OF ACROPHOBIA AND IT WAS ACTING UP SOMETHING TERRIBLE THAT DAY. I THINK YOU, ON YOUR 400, WILL RIDE IT JUST FINE. HEY THERE WERE MOUNTAIN BIKE TRACKS ON IT LAST SUN. THE OTHER WAY OUT OF BLACK CANYON IS PRETTY TECHNICLE ALSO. IF THE PICTURES TURN OUT I'LL POST SOME. CHRIS RODE THE EAST SIDE OF CERRO GORDO LAST YEAR AND I COULD HEAR HIM SCREAMING, F. U. BILL, 6 BIKES BACK.

BILL

regarding Chris...yeah; well he's just crabby sometimes... old age will do that to ya :bad:

I didn't know you were afraid of spiders... good to know

Hey, if you're a GPS user and you haven't joined GPSXchange.com you oughta do so.....pronto......I've been a member of GPSXchange for quite some time and I know SanDiegoland has been too.....really good resource to go to when you're hunting for tracks to ride/hike/bike........worldwide

Go HERE to sign up.....MEMBERSHIP IS FREE.....

I just joined today.... cool site. <_<