Randy asked me to post this, so here it is:

Another local dual-sport site that focuses on the KLR & DR, asked me to write an article on the KTM 950 Adventure, so I did. As many here know, Randy & I both ride this particular bike. Being that many dual-sporters are not that familiar with this much heavier bike and what it can do, the site wanted to provide some information.

http://multisurfacemotorcycling.com/

As a new article, it's currently listed on the front page. Later (as well as now), it can also be seen under "Articles".

Brett

Excellent article Bret! I recently purchased a Husqvarna TE450 (coming from the KTM 300EXC), so that I would have a bike to do it all.. I guess the exception is cruising long distances on the road. I guess I can always carry my TE450 on my bike carrier on the back of my jeep, then drive to any destination and ride my bike. But, now seeing you guys with this big bikes makes you think.. For one thing, now I realize that it is not the bike, but the rider, when you guys make it look so easy.. so, I still have my doubts.. uhmm.. very tempting.. I was looking at the KTM website, and they are coming with the 990 Adventure (fuel injected), it looks super good!! What do you think about the new 950 super enduro R?Anyway, thanks for the great article!! :D

Brett, thanks for posting the article.......I like it !! Thanks for the links and plug to our website also.You da man !!

...has anyone seen this new model. I think it's new for '07 they're callin it the 950 Super Enduro R.http://www.ktmusa.com/950-Super-Enduro-R.67.20.html

Looks like HP2 competition. Less than $20K? :ph34r: =====Also, enjoyed the article Brett! I also recall you saying it's served you well 2UP too! :lol::lol:

I was looking at the KTM website, and they are coming with the 990 Adventure (fuel injected), it looks super good!! What do you think about the new 950 super enduro R?Anyway, thanks for the great article!! :ph34r:

Both awesome bikes for pretty different purposes. I've had my eye on the Super Enduro for a while now. Would be a real terror at just over 400 lbs before fuel. However, I likely won't be getting one as it's right in between my 950 ADV and my 525. Certainly an HP2 killer, IMO.The new 990 fuelie's a real peach. They lowered it again, making it more appealing to a wider group of riders. That 990 injected motor has ponied-up and had great success in the Super Duke.Brett

Not that I am biased, the KTM will never be as reliable or as durable as the BMW!But then again, I am not going to fork over $20,000 for a dirt bike-Well, maybe!

Not that I am biased, the KTM will never be as reliable or as durable as the BMW!But then again, I am not going to fork over $20,000 for a dirt bike-Well, maybe!

Yeah, 6 of one, half a dozen of another.I like the Beemer's dirt free reliable shaft, nice seat, easy valve maintenance, yada yada. But I too am not ready to fork over 20 large to get it, then be stuck with a less capable dirt bike with cylinders sticking out the sides.On one hand, I've seen what Mike Miani can do ON one ...On the other hand, I've seen what Mike Miani can do TO one ... :ph34r:

One thing to remember, Miani rides a 1200GS. The HP2 is a different creature. Yes, it still is a boxer, but its not a 1200GS. The say with the rear shock only having air in it(not oil or gas), it makes the rear tire stick to the ground like a belt sander on wood!