Crawdaddy

2008 Big Bear Run - June 21/22

Registration is now open for the BBTR Big Bear Run Dual Sport Ride

Link to ride info/flyer/online registration

Fun ride.....I participate every year.....join me :P

FYI - Per Miguel Burgi of BBTR this is how the mileage lays out for the 08 Big Bear Run:

Hard way mileage:

75.7 before lunch

101.4 after lunch

Easy way mileage:

46.7 before lunch

54.1 after lunch

Not surprisingly.......no details on which trails will be utilized for easy/hard......that's top secret info until Friday night before the event.....

Apparently they changed things up when they finalized the Easy/Hard Ways.....Hardway mileage is surprisingly short.......big hint on "rocky".....good thing you guys warmed up at Gold Mountain.....better have those tires at 15psi front and rear MINIMUM.....maybe even a bit higher up front

This was just released to all members & registrants:

We have the Saturday Easy and Hard routes complete. I want to share milage and gas stop information with you.

The "Easy" route totals of 95.7 miles with the gas stop at 43.8 miles. The second section of the Easy route is 51.9 miles.

The "Hard" route totals 145.2 miles with the gas stop at 69.1 miles. The second section of the Hard route is 76.1 miles.

Carry water and have the ability to repair a flat. You will be riding in some rocky areas. That is the only clue you will get out of me. If you are riding the "Hard" route to earn a plaque, watch for check points in the most unexpected locations.

I will send you all the data on Sunday's ride as soon as Miguel finishes it this weekend.

We have the Saturday Easy and Hard routes complete. I want to share milage and gas stop information with you.

The "Easy" route totals of 95.7 miles with the gas stop at 43.8 miles. The second section of the Easy route is 51.9 miles.

The "Hard" route totals 145.2 miles with the gas stop at 69.1 miles. The second section of the Hard route is 76.1 miles.

Carry water and have the ability to repair a flat. You will be riding in some rocky areas. That is the only clue you will get out of me. If you are riding the "Hard" route to earn a plaque, watch for check points in the most unexpected locations.

I will send you all the data on Sunday's ride as soon as Miguel finishes it this weekend.

:P

I have heavy duty tubes in my tires but bought some slime anyway when I was out buying repair parts and Engine Ice for the bike.

Have the cross-over tube repaired with some fuel injector tubing which is supposed to handle higher pressure and temperature. Also received the Y-pipe which I'll install too. In addition, I need to fix a couple broken tabs on the radiator that hold the air scoop shrouds in place.

Have had some correspondence with JD Jetting and hope to have the bike all fixed up by next Friday and have the pop/stall worked out of the carburation.

Fun ride.....I participate every year.....join me <_<

One week from today we'll be an hour into the ride. Who's "in" from SDAR besides me, VistaCARider, Daryl, Marc (AKA the 4 ViaSat boys) and DigDug, STE63, Strega?

Who's planning riding Day 2 besides me, Marc and Strega?

Is everyone staying across the street from the Convention Center at the Motel 6? I know Doug, Marc and I all have rooms reserved there.....

Well I got the hall pass so I'm in. Looking forward to an enjoyable weekend <_<

I will be there with my boyfriend. Look for me on my white KTM 450 and my boyfriend is on a XR650R.

We are staying in town at the Alpine Village Inn. Got to have the jacuzzi suite.

I am not sure if we are riding Sunday or not.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Fun ride.....I participate every year.....join me :drinks:

One week from today we'll be an hour into the ride. Who's "in" from SDAR besides me, VistaCARider, Daryl, Marc (AKA the 4 ViaSat boys) and DigDug, STE63, Strega?

Who's planning riding Day 2 besides me, Marc and Strega?

Is everyone staying across the street from the Convention Center at the Motel 6? I know Doug, Marc and I all have rooms reserved there.....

Crawdaddy & others,

Will be coming up from San Diego. Hope to meet you there and other SDAR riders.

Will be sweep riding for the day 2 ride (with Frank and others).

Coming up Saturday night, hopefully will be able to make the banquet.

Bring lots of tubes, CO2 cartridges, tire irons & water, Boat 440(Steve)

I will be riding my F650GS and leave San Diego this Friday morning to ride up Big Bear. I will be tent camping in front of Big Bear Convention Center parking lot. Hope to see you all at the event.

Ride safe,

Gery