Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

C-Daddy's Ramona Loops (Tracks)

A few loops out of Ramona starting/ending at the original Packards at 7th and Main

(1) C-Daddy's std Ramona Loop. ~115 miles. This is a fairly mellow loop which contains a few fun dirt sections (FS-12507/Upper Santa Isabel TT, Rodriguez TT/California Riding and Hiking Trail (or alternate Rodriguez Spur) , Mason TT, Grapevine Canyon, Jasper Trail).

This is a fun loop in either direction - Regardless, plan on a trip length of ~3-4 hours depending on speed/number of stops. Be sure to top off your gas tank somehwere along the way (Ramona, Santa Isabel, or Warner Springs) depends on which direction you're following the loop - regardless of direction, you should have a range of ~90 miles if you're only planning one stop.

(2) Variation of C-Daddy's std Ramona Loop. Top off the gas tank in Santa Isabel. Then, instead of hanging a left on S22 when you reach the end of the Jasper Trail to head towards S2/79/76/Hideout, hang a right on S22, drop down to Culp Valley, take Culp back up to Jasper, then back track on Jasper/Grapevine/78/S2/Mason.....and take either Rogriguez/California Hiking and Biking Trail, or Rodriguez Spur, where those trails merge to get back over to 78 again (whichever one you DIDN'T take on the way over :( ......personally, I prefer Rodriguez Spur on the way over and the CA. Hiking and Biking Trail on the way back)....gas up in Santa Isabel again (you'll need it).....and reverse the track back to Ramona via 78/Sutherland/etc. or.....if you're feeling a bit burnt out at that point....just take 78 back to Ramona from Santa Isabel (~15 miles)....I really like this variation because it allows me to ride Grapevine and Jasper "in both directions" :( and the charge up Culp Valley is a blast! The downside, of course, is no cold :P with Schwinn at the Hideout :P:D

(3) Ramona to Allesandro/Hixon - This is the track I created for Jon and friends a week or so ago......more info on this track Here and Here.

Have fun :P

Ramona_Loop_Track.txt

Ramona_loop_alternative.txt

Ramona2Allesandro.Hixon.txt

Edited original thread to post a couple more Ramona track files in the "GPS Stuff" forum.......added my alternative to C-Daddy's std Ramona Loop and also posted the "Tracks for Jon" loop from Ramona to Allesandro/Hixon and back.

Thanks Crawdaddy!

We have soo much to ride in our area. Summer Winter, whatever.

275456058_wNb7x-M.jpg

Thx Chris,

i actually downloaded this and use it on my 60csx for the first time. works great, one thing Rodreguez Trail is fenced off now on your ramona loop.

Sonny

Thx Chris,

i actually downloaded this and use it on my 60csx for the first time. works great, one thing Rodreguez Trail is fenced off now on your ramona loop.

Sonny

The gate at the bottom of Rodriguez is normally unlocked......just open, pass through, and close behind you....