A few weeks ago the gate across from Deer Park Rd on S-1 was open and I dropped down into upper Oriflamme Creek. Riding alone, I only travelled a mile or so. The map looks like a loop mining road on Oriflamme Mtn. looking down on Mason Valley. The road was pretty rutted but doable on the Bison. So, has anyone made the loop down that way. Is it probable to get through and make a loop of it?

Thanks for info,

BAGSTR

A few weeks ago the gate across from Deer Park Rd on S-1 was open and I dropped down into upper Oriflamme Creek. Riding alone, I only travelled a mile or so. The map looks like a loop mining road on Oriflamme Mtn. looking down on Mason Valley. The road was pretty rutted but doable on the Bison. So, has anyone made the loop down that way. Is it probable to get through and make a loop of it?

Thanks for info,

BAGSTR

Viewing it in MapSource Topo, it looks like it just dead ends after about ~3 miles....looks like the other option is to turn right onto another dirt road about a mile down from Sunrise Hwy and that'll swing back up to Sunrise Hwy after another ~1.5 miles.....

The only trail that connects completely to the north from there that I know of is the Pacific Crest Trail. Marked or not, it is restricted to non-mechanized travel.

Mason Truck Trail was the ticket. Disappointed it's closed. :(