Sign in to follow this  
Strega

Lacrosse Players / Fans

The UCSD Lacrosse team will be hosting the 2008 WCLL Championships on May 3rd and 4th at Cathedral Catholic High School where I currently coach. Should be a good Final Four including teams like Chapman University who are 9-1, with their only loss being to Ithaca University which is ranked #2 in the country in Div III. Quite impressive how far West Coast Lacrosse has come. If you're interested in attending at all, let me know. Should be good fun.

Cathedral Catholic High School

5555 Del Mar Heights Road

San Diego, CA 92130

www.cathedralcatholic.org

The tentative game times are:

Saturday May 3rd

12:30 pm Div I semifinal game #1

3:30 pm Div I semifinal game #2

Sunday May 4th

12:30 pm Div II championship

3:30 pm Div I championships

Quite impressive how far West Coast Lacrosse has come.

I was fortunte enough to grow up back east where lacrosse/hockey were the norm, not the exception, so I played both sports through my high school years.....FANTASTIC sport for both players and spectators.....

Fred (Snaildarter) and I played for the Lacrosse Club at Oregon State 30 years ago (we're old farts) when we were pursuing our undergraduate degrees.....it WAS pretty bush league in those days out here on the left coast........the players on most clubs consisted of east coast transplants....... I also played for a season or two on the OMBAC/Beachcomer club 20+ years ago here in San Diego when I first moved to the area......now I see that even the San Diego local high schools have lacrosse clubs/teams.....that's great!!!......I'll try to make it.....

I'm carry'n the torch for ya on the BeachComber/OMBAC club team now :)

That sounds like fun.

Bush league indeed -- how else do you think I could play on the team. ;) That and the fact that nobody else was dumb enough to stand in goal. :lol:

After OSU I kept playing when I got up to Seattle on club teams, and then played for the Monterey Sharks in the early 90's and even did summer Box league over in San Jose.

Still got your gear Chris? We should go throw it around sometime. (we should get Tommy too)

You guys should come out for one of the games, we'll do lunch or somethin.

Cathedral Catholic High School where I currently coach.

Crazy. I played Uni lacrosse back in the 90's. Haven't touched a stick since, but I might have to come out and see the new school.

It looks like a College Campus, it's impressive to say the LEAST.

Pretty wild that ~49,000 fans turned out to see Syracuse top Hopkins for the NCAA National title..............you couldn't draw 4,900 fans to a championship match on the west coast.......but the game is definitely catching steam out here.......

Chapman University (My Alma Matter) made it to the Championship Game at Texas Stadium and lost to Michigan 14-10. Michigan was ranked the #1 club team in the Nation, and Chapman #2. Chapman beat Whittier who is in NCAA Div III, and beat them BADLY. Chapman lost ONE game all season, and that was to Ithica, 18-16, and Ithica was ranked #2 in the nation in Div III. Look out lacrosse world, west coast is stepping up!!